Custom Car Chronicle

Never before seen Valley Custom Shop photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Never before seen Valley Custom Shop photos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

For those on the CCC-Forum that do not go on Facebook.

The Valley Custom Shop on Facebook will be sharing some never before published photos that were given to them by former shop employee Tad.
    Today they posted the first one, and over the next couple of weeks they plan to share many more.
    I will add these amazing photos here when they are uploaded on Facebook.

In this photo we can see Dick Colarossi’s 1940 Ford Coupe on the left, in the center Tad Hirai’s 1950 Ford, Glen Hooker’s 1939 Mercury with 1940 front end is all the way on the right. All Valley Custom Shop built cars.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tomas
    Participant

fantastic to see

Keith Daleen
    Participant

There must be a picture of the back of them. It looks like a photographer in the background overlooking the scene.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Tad Hirais 1955 Buick Century.
    Tad worked at the Valley Custom Shop and owned several nice customs during that time. His Buick is absolutely stunning.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

When looking in old books and magazines it is easy to get the impression that all cars were painted black back then, so thanks for sharing all these really nice color photos. What’s the deal with the window posts on that -50 Ford, it looks like they have been grinded down to bare metal or is it just reflections? Looking forward to see more of Tads photos.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I think these photo’s of Tad’s 1950 Ford will show you what was done to the Windshield posts Bert.

Those are shaped metal covers that were chrome plated.

Tad’s 1950 Ford “Del-Mar”

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Ahh, don’t think I ever seen that before. Just wondering what the intention was, act as a divider between the colors, extension of the side trim, just added as a beautification attempt or maybe a combination of all above. Anyhow, thanks for enlightening me.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Bert, here is a close up of the windshield cover.
    It was part of the original design, and possibly they were inspired by the 1953 Studebakers.

You can see more photos of this car on our Custom Car Photo Archive HERE

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Wow this Buick is incredible. Such thick,rich looking black paint. That is a truely gorgeous car. Valley Customs were such the real deal. I love seeing old pics of there work that I have never seen especially that unknown coupe we saw a little while back.Thanks for sharing

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

That’s a good point Rik, and probably correct too. They achived a more modern look and covered up the old holes from the spotlights as well. Just kidding, I know they were very skilled welders. Thanks again, learning something new almost every day here.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

The Valley Custom Shop did this 1946 Mercury Coupe for Bob Hoshiko.
    Photo from the Tad Hirai Collection.

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Very cool picture Rik,lets keep the Valley Custom stuff coming. These guys really did leave their mark in Custom history.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Bob Hoshiko 1955 T-Bird

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Really loving these Valley Custom pictures we are getting to see here on the Chronicle. In the top pic with the 1946 mercury I notice the Dupont sign is very similar to the one that was out in front of the Ayala shop back in the day. Not a big deal at all just a detail I was checking out.Well at least I think the Ayalas had that sign out.Im pretty rusty these days so who knows.

palosfv3
    Participant

What is the story on the other T Bird with the dagmar bumper ends ? Is this the R&C magazine car from 1956 ?

Larry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.