Custom Car Chronicle

Need ideas for customization an old car Polo 6n

Home Forums CCC Forum Need ideas for customization an old car Polo 6n

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Ghouma
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m not sure is this the right place to post my subject, so i’m asking you guys how could you help me with customization a dashboard of a Polo 6n, i’m new to this stuff.

I start with removing plastic from the console but now i didn’t know how to fil it with fiberglass and how to attached to the dashboard without mess with holes in it.

So can anyone guide me please and give me some ideas how to start.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Im pretty sure you’re in the wrong forum. Ccc is about traditional custom cars from the 30s, 40, 50s and early 60s

Ghouma
    Participant

I thow my car was old enough (1996), that’s why i did ask in this forum.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

We do not really have a time frame here on the CCC, although in general this site is concentrating more on the what we consider traditional Custom Car Styles from the 1940’s up to the 1960’s

However we do have exceptions, like Dave Crooks creations for instance which are created based on more modern designs and often more modern cars.

CCC-Dave-GP-front-3-4-W

Dave-GP-interior-2

As long as everything is done with style – which of course is very objective – I feel any car can be customized, and improved upon in a Custom way.

The thing is that most people here on the CCC are into the more traditional styles, and therefor this might not be the right forum for you to ask the questions on your 1996 Polo.

I will keep it here thought, and I will ask a friend of mine in Australia who has a lot of experience in creating one off Fiberglass parts to see if he has some time to look at your questions and might come up with some ideas.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Ghouma
    Participant

Thank you Rik Hoving  for providing the requested information and effort to help me (with your friend from Australia if he can help me too) to put me in the right road.

les budge
    Participant

Are you trying to smooth your dash or give it a more modern look? If you are after the more modern look a dash swap from a higher or later model may be your best method as many of that era of polo were body updates but the underside is the same, so a dash should just swap but the wiring is a bit more work. There are computer mods available to fix these problems though. If you require some links I am happy to help

Ghouma
    Participant

Thank you “les budge” for your feedback, i’m looking to make my old car interior into a new moderne look with some featured like tablette in it, for now i’m looking to try get help with fiberglass stuff and perfect design for it.

les budge
    Participant

You may manage to save some work , i believe there are kits available to fit tablets to vw dashes. You would have to look in germany but they do a lot of wild modern custom stuff  with polos and golfs.

Ghouma
    Participant

I’d like to make my own customization and learn fiberglassing, I will take a look at thouse kits and manage to apply some ideas on my custom dash.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.