Custom Car Chronicle

my dream custom

Home Forums CCC Forum my dream custom

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    mike sutton
    Participant

now i could finally get back to work on the outside. i bought some front and rear lower quarter patch panels from ems. started at the front
    then the lower rear. since i lengthened the quarter panel 9″ with the packard taillights, i had to modify the new rear patch panel. the panel has a sweeping curve towards the rear that i didn’t want so i ran the bottom edge of the panel thru the stretcher a couple of passes and it took the curve right out making it flatter.

mike sutton
    Participant

now i had to make one more piece to finish the quarter. i don’t have pictures but what i did was cut a piece of sheetmetal slightly oversize and bent it around a pipe attached to the side of the building where i was working. by using the gauges i made i could see how much to bend each end. then with the right bend, i could lay the panel in place and trace the edges from the inside, trim and butt weld in place.
    after tons of welding and grinding (quarter is over 7 feet long) it’s starting to look like something.

Torchie
    Participant

Great job on those Loooong quarters.
    Torchie

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Wow not sure how I missed this thread but I am glad I found it. Really nice work Mike. Love the Olds dash. It’s going to be a very cool custom. I wished swearing fixed everything for me I would be done my truck by now for sure if it did. 🙂

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Love Packard taillights… Looks really great Mike.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

mike sutton
    Participant

thanks torchie and rik, ian i am loving your truck build!

mike sutton
    Participant

all over again on the other side, wheel well and inner rocker repair first.
    then the lower front panel

mike sutton
    Participant

lower rear panel after straightening
    then start fitting up home made upper panel (you can never own to many vice grips!)
    and second side is just about done.

mike sutton
    Participant

since i extended the rear quarters 9″ i needed a different shaped bumper to match. i was able to pickup front and rear ’52 packard bumpers cheap with the right shape. the packard bumper was 13″ wider so it needed to be narrowed. to get the shape i needed i had to cut in 2 places.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Don’t worry Mike, we are watching. Coming along great. Sometimes being a custom guy is a lonely endeavour. But it’s important you keep at it and keep posting.
    ??

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

As Quentin said, following with great interest. Thanks for posting.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Same here Mike… Always looking forward for new progress on your car.

Don’t let the view-numbers fool you. Only the logged-in members are counting on the CCC-Forum-Posts. There are a lot of people who are not logged in viewing and enjoying the posts as well.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

David
    Participant

Looking great Mike!! I like your choice of rear bumper, fits well with the whole rear end.

Andy Corralez
    Participant

Keep up the good work!

James D
    Participant

That´s really looking great.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.