Home Forums CCC Forum my dream custom

This topic contains 266 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  mike sutton 13 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 267 total)
  • Author

mike sutton
    Participant

been awhile and I haven’t posted anything in a long time but finally getting some stuff done again.  wiring is almost finished, bumpers are out for chrome, got someone getting ready to start on the interior, just about ready to fire up and test drive. dynamatted the whole interior and finished the trans tunnel cover. hubcaps are polished and the center logos repainted. quarter window glass is cut and installed and getting everything together to do the door glass. got a new carpet and sill plates. still dealing with doctors and treatments (was 2 years on nov.17) so that has to come first but at least it’s moving forward. thanks to rik for keeping the thread updated, mike.

1+

Torchie
    Participant

Good to hear from you Mike and welcome back!!!

Keep on keeping on.

I just has a pacemaker put in and I’m back to mig welding. You should see the look on peoples faces when they hear that….LOL

Looking forward to seeing more posts.

Torchie

2+

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Mike,

I am happy to hear you’re back at it. And, look forward to your updates!

Mitch

2+

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike

“Got my aftermarket Lyons hubcaps back from mike wood who painted the emblems to color match my car and they look great! happy now Kevin Fritz?”
    Jersey Mike-Shoebox-hubcap-01

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-hubcap-02

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-hubcap-03

“Got some interior work getting started soon so carpet got rough fitted today. Finally getting somewhere.”
    Jersey Mike-Shoebox-Interior-2019-01

“Started on the rear bumper about 5 years ago and it’s finally done! junkyard bumper off of a ’52 Packard that I narrowed 13″ by taking out two 6 1/2″ pieces to get the width and shape I needed. tig welded it back together and drilled holes to run the exhaust through. it sat for a long time till I had Cody at TraditionalMetalcraft fill the bolt holes, weld rings around the exhaust holes and straighten the whole thing so it was ready for chrome. always good when you can start adding shiny stuff!”

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-01

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-02

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-03

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-04

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-05

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

3+

Torchie
    Participant

Looks Great Mike!

Keep at it.

Torchie

Paul
    Participant

Beautiful Mike , really nice job 🙂

Shanahan
    Participant

Coming along nicely!

mike sutton
    Participant

thanks guys. things seem to go in spurts. brought a bunch of pieces to a local body shop for  painting. all the interior stuff that never got done. dash, steering column and mount, door window trim, windshield trim and divider and a couple of other small pieces. my friend came back and completely finished the wiring so when the painted parts come back they can be put all together for the final time. still need to make front bumper brackets so that can get chromed. more doctors this week so probably won’t be much getting done again but it’s getting really close.

3+

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike…

“upholstery is underway. got the kick panels back today, very happy.”

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-01

“Took a ride to Illinois to bring some fresh painted pieces to mike wood to stripe. he laid out a beautiful design on top of the ’56 olds dash and a little detail on the glovebox door. as usual, he did a great job.”

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-02

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-04

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-05

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-03

“Also got the seat side covers striped. I louvered them just for looks then mike matched the design of the louvers in the inner fender panels but reversed the colors.”

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-08

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-07

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-06

1+

Torchie
    Participant

Very tasteful striping.

Going to be a beautiful custom Mike.

Watching…

Torchie

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Yes! very nice detail. The stripping is just right!

Mitch

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike…

“I was able to get someone to start assembling the dash today. got it mounted and all the wiring and gauges hooked up. thanks to Mark Alexander for getting all the wiring finished. used the ’56 olds gauge cluster for the turn signals, high beams, speedo and gas gauge. mounted oil, water and temp gauges in a panel behind a factory radio delete plate that I can pop in when I’m at shows and pop out when I’m driving. scrapped the factory clock and made my own delete plate years ago and had mike wood stripe a design in it. still need to get the glovebox door mounted, the column and wheel and the new knobs on all the switches.”

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-14Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-15Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-13Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-12Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-11Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-10Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-09

1+

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike…

The carpet is bound and in for good. new tack strip and windlace are in. new sill plates are in. kick panels are upholstered and installed. rear seat panels are upholstered and installed. gas pedal remounted for good. slowly but surely.

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-17Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-16

2+

Torchie
    Participant

Really looking Great Mike !!!!!!

I love the hidden gauges.

And the dash looks perfect.

Interior will be outstanding as well.

Keep at it brother..

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike…

The rear package tray is done and installed and the rear seat is finally in. Starting to look like a real car! I had the seats upholstered years ago by trade school students but had no other interior stuff because the car was gutted when I got it. A friend’s wife, Jane Adams has sewed up all the rest of the interior and bound the carpet. Believe it or not, this is the first car interior Jane has done and I’m thrilled with it! Thank you Jane.

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-19

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-2019-20

3+
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 267 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.