Home Forums CCC Forum my dream custom

This topic contains 247 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  mike sutton 6 hours, 19 minutes ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 241 through 248 (of 248 total)
  • Author

mike sutton
    Participant

been awhile and I haven’t posted anything in a long time but finally getting some stuff done again.  wiring is almost finished, bumpers are out for chrome, got someone getting ready to start on the interior, just about ready to fire up and test drive. dynamatted the whole interior and finished the trans tunnel cover. hubcaps are polished and the center logos repainted. quarter window glass is cut and installed and getting everything together to do the door glass. got a new carpet and sill plates. still dealing with doctors and treatments (was 2 years on nov.17) so that has to come first but at least it’s moving forward. thanks to rik for keeping the thread updated, mike.

1+

Torchie
    Participant

Good to hear from you Mike and welcome back!!!

Keep on keeping on.

I just has a pacemaker put in and I’m back to mig welding. You should see the look on peoples faces when they hear that….LOL

Looking forward to seeing more posts.

Torchie

2+

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Mike,

I am happy to hear you’re back at it. And, look forward to your updates!

Mitch

2+

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike

“Got my aftermarket Lyons hubcaps back from mike wood who painted the emblems to color match my car and they look great! happy now Kevin Fritz?”
    Jersey Mike-Shoebox-hubcap-01

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-hubcap-02

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-hubcap-03

“Got some interior work getting started soon so carpet got rough fitted today. Finally getting somewhere.”
    Jersey Mike-Shoebox-Interior-2019-01

“Started on the rear bumper about 5 years ago and it’s finally done! junkyard bumper off of a ’52 Packard that I narrowed 13″ by taking out two 6 1/2″ pieces to get the width and shape I needed. tig welded it back together and drilled holes to run the exhaust through. it sat for a long time till I had Cody at TraditionalMetalcraft fill the bolt holes, weld rings around the exhaust holes and straighten the whole thing so it was ready for chrome. always good when you can start adding shiny stuff!”

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-01

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-02

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-03

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-04

Jersey Mike-Shoebox-bumper-05

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

3+

Torchie
    Participant

Looks Great Mike!

Keep at it.

Torchie

Paul
    Participant

Beautiful Mike , really nice job 🙂

Shanahan
    Participant

Coming along nicely!

mike sutton
    Participant

thanks guys. things seem to go in spurts. brought a bunch of pieces to a local body shop for  painting. all the interior stuff that never got done. dash, steering column and mount, door window trim, windshield trim and divider and a couple of other small pieces. my friend came back and completely finished the wiring so when the painted parts come back they can be put all together for the final time. still need to make front bumper brackets so that can get chromed. more doctors this week so probably won’t be much getting done again but it’s getting really close.

1+
Viewing 8 posts - 241 through 248 (of 248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.