Home Forums CCC Forum my dream custom

This topic contains 239 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Larry Pointer 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 240 total)
  • Author

Torchie
    Participant

Hang tough Mike…

As a person with long time ,chronic illness I know that it can be real hard  somedays just to get up out of the bed.

I do my best to do  something on what ever my current project is everyday. Even if it seems like just a little thing.

I spent 30 minutes trying to unthread 2 nuts off of 2 brass bolts on my boat project yesterday due to the fact that I have no feelings in my hands. But I finally got them and it allowed me to remove an 18 foot board that I have been working on for 2 days.

Today I will do  something else………But keep moving forward brother!

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike…

have to give a huge thanks to brian pierce and jim guditis( i’m sure i spelled that wrong). came down and spent the weekend installing the new wiring harness. got most of it roughed in and figured a game plan for the rest of it. not only thrilled to be getting something done again but had a great time hanging out with old friends, did as much laughing as working. thanks again.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Torchie
    Participant

Good friends…..

Good progress. 🙂

Torchie

Cracking jokes with our friends while building a cool custom – Priceless!!  Great to see Mike!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

mike sutton
    Participant

thanks guys. it’s been sitting for awhile but should start getting some stuff done now. i’m going to have to farm out some stuff that i just can’t do anymore but that’s ok as long as it gets done.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike….

“Decided I didn’t like the parking lights and housings I had made so switched them out for the desoto units. Then moved the grill forward about another 1 1/2″ fills the opening nicer. also got the battery mounted in the trunk, brake light switch installed, horn bracket made and installed and figured out the license plate light. Slowly chipping away. Thanks scott for all the help.”

David
    Participant

Looking great Mike! Excited to see it coming together.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike…

“Had the unfinished bumper put on temporarily, so I could have a friend bring it to get the dual exhaust done. Thanks Scott Wenrich. slowly chipping away.”

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Mike never shared  the side trim he did on the car…

This is what he shared on Facebook today.

“sneak peek on the side trim. more tomorrow.”

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

After trying a ton of different mixed and matched side moulding lay outs, I decided to just make my own. I was lucky to get some advice from Mark Wojcik on how they made the trim on the Kopper Kart clone. I started on this a couple of years ago before my accident but just had them chromed and painted. I need to get it out in the sun for better pictures. thanks to Jennifer Thomas aka hot rod jen on help with the color. Needed something that worked with the gold and the green.

Quarter round, used for decorative railings

Made a pattern for the 6 ends out of a piece of stainless.

Shaped all 6 ends.

Had a friend machine a recess in all the straight areas.

Another shot of the recess.

Tig welded studs on the back.

Trial fit.

Chromed and painted. painted white first and it looked like crap.

Better shot of the color.

Tadaa

Torchie
    Participant

I saw this on FB as well.

I dig it because it doesn’t look like all the other shoe boxes with trim from another brand on it.

That’s what customizing is all about.

Bravo Mike.

Torchie

David Wolk
    Participant

Looks great, I love the trim details.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Yes!!! Agree with everyone here. You’re car is Stunning!

Mitch

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Mike…

“Thanks to Wingnut at Adams Service Center for taking care of another list of stuff for me. Inching closer all the time. Was also finally able to get some pictures in the sun with the side trim on.

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Gorgeous, Mike.  Your perseverance is an inspiration to us all.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 240 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.