Custom Car Chronicle

my dream custom

Home Forums CCC Forum my dream custom

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Torchie
    Participant

Looks great!!

Don’t belittle yourself regardless of how slow you think your progress is.

It’s still progress. 🙂

Torchie

mike sutton
    Participant

got the rear glass and trim in. really like how much better it shows the flow of the rear of the roof with the glass in.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That looks really amazing Mike.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

mike sutton
    Participant

thanks rik, the cars at a point now where every piece i put on makes it look so much better! just wish i could move faster.

Torchie
    Participant

Adding the frosting to the cake.

Looks great Mike!

Torchie

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Brings a smile to the face; admiration for all you have surmounted.  That custom is gorgeous, Mike.

mike sutton
    Participant

thanks guys! it’s becoming more than a car, it’s becoming something to keep me sane.

Torchie
    Participant

thanks guys! it’s becoming more than a car, it’s becoming something to keep me sane.

For people that build their own, these projects are what helps to keep us sane Mike.

Since I sold mine and have yet to be able to start a new one  I miss what my wife used to refer to as my “Happy Place.”

Continued healing to you.

Torchie

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Wow this car is turning out amazing! I love the colour combo. I hope you continue to heal and get to enjoy this great custom soon.

Torchie
    Participant

Mike.

Just saw some pics of your fine ride at the CCR. Didn’t know that you went.

Congratulations.

Torchie

mike sutton
    Participant

yes torchie i made it! wasn’t really sure right up till the day before we left.i’ve gone to everyone of them and this is my one “can’t miss” show of the year. i had spoken to kevin anderson, who runs the show, after he saw the painted pictures and he told me just get it here finished or not. i wasn’t going to bring it if the outside wasn’t at least finished looking. so again i had to have a friend paint some parts for me (radiator support parts, hood hinges) and mount it all and the grille. then since there was a little time left i decided to reinstall the dash (unpainted) the steering wheel and column.the car sits a mile high but at least look somewhat complete. i didn’t tell anyone i was taking it just in case i didn’t get it put together enough. so i have to thank mike wood sr. for painting some parts and towing the car 1200 miles round trip.

Torchie
    Participant

Good for you!

I haven’t made it to that show as I need some one to drive me that far.

Maybe next year. 🙂

Keep plugging away at it brother. 🙂

Torchie

It was one of the highlights of the show to be able to meet and talk with you in person Mike.  Very glad you made it there with the car!  Guys, the car looks even better in person than in the pics (if that’s even possible)!

Keep plucking away at ‘er Mike!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

mike sutton
    Participant

thanks dave, it was great to meet you also. i hope the show was everything i talked it up to be. glad you made the trip with no problems. i have some cool pictures of your car to post. what was the final total miles round trip?

David
    Participant

Mike, it was soon awesome to see the car at the show. The minute you guys pulled into the parking lot, I told the guys I was talking to, “Excuse me, I have to go talk to this guy over here” and made a bee line to your car. Thanks for bringing it out out and your perseverance. Awesome to meet you in person….funny we have both been to this show several years and had yet to meet.

Was cool meeting you as well Dave….3000-ish miles down and back in a custom….hats off to you sir!!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.