Custom Car Chronicle

my dream custom

Home Forums CCC Forum my dream custom

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    mike sutton
    Participant

not sure why but ever since the change i can’t seem to be able to post pictures. been trying for the last few days now and i’m just giving up. i fucking hate computers!

Torchie
    Participant

Send a message to Rik and hopefully together you can figure it out.

My idea of high tech is an automatic transmission so I am in the same boat as you when things change Mike.

We all look forward to seeing your posts and hearing of your recovery. Stay strong…

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Mike, can you email me one picture. Will check and see if it might have something strange whay it won’t load.

rik@customcarchronicle.com

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Mike, I just you are “Jersey Mike” on Facebook.. and I have posted two photos of your freshly painted Shoebox in the Random Custom Car post without really realizing this was your car. I felt something was so very familiar when I saw those photos…. WOW.

(Pictures shared from Mike’s Facebook)

Mikes original message

“while most of you who know me, know i’ve been working on a shoebox custom for the last 9 years. this past november i broke my neck in an accident and my whole life came to a halt, including the car. it’s been almost 7 months recovering and a lot of that time has really sucked. however i got a great surprise recently when i found out a bunch of friends had gotten together to finish up a few things and paint the car. the car looks amazing and i’m completely overwhelmed. can’t thank enough jeff ludwig, sonny ludwig, mike wood jr, mike wood sr., mark den linger, scott prohaska, bill cheek, dave matthews, and dave scleski. although it has not been a great year, i did learn i may have shitty luck but i do have great friends. thank you again.”

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Beautiful!

You have some amazing friends Mike.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Very nice, love the color combination.

David
    Participant

Wow Mike! Looks awesome! What a great group of friends! That’s what makes the hobby great, the cars are cool and all, but it’s the relationships.

KingKustoms
    Participant

Wow, just went back and looked through this entire post. What an incredible thing that your friends did for you- hope you are recovering well and will get to enjoy your kustom soon! It looks like I missed the step on the side trim- is it Pontiac? The colors are very cool- early Ayala/Barris 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Lowered a bit…

WOW Mike!  Great looking custom and truly great friends.  Congrats on both and continued recovery to you.

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Torchie
    Participant

Add me to the list. WOW!!!

Great car made even better by the love that all your friends are showing you….

Torchie

mike sutton
    Participant

thanks guys for the kind words.car looks amazing! way to nice for me to own. after getting it almost ready to paint then having the accident i wasn’t sure it would ever get done. had no idea these guys were going to do this and i’m still in shock. had planned to paint it myself but jeff is a way better painter than me and i love it! as far as the color, it was originally going to be green. always loved the sam barris merc color and green wasn’t to popular but i took so long to get done that in the last couple of years a bunch of new custom builds were green and i didn’t want that anymore. so i started thinking gold but then decided to 2 tone to be a little different. if you’ve ever seen the hirohata merc when jim mcneil bought it, it was very similar to these colors. and since the plan all along was to try to make it look like it could have been built in the mid ’50’s, i think these colors look period correct. when i was telling the guys gold and green together i think there were a few guys who weren’t to sure but liked it after it was painted. as far as the side trim, you’ll have to wait a little longer to see it but it will be something different. painting any car is a huge step and there is still lots to do so this is still going to be slow moving. as far as me, i’m still pretty banged up. the bones in my neck and skull have healed but i have nerve damage in my neck and arm and a spinal cord injury that may all be permanent. probably won’t get full range of motion back in my neck and have constant numbness and tingling in my hand and arm along with random pain across my forearm. still taking tests, seeing doctors and physical therapy 3 times a week which usually leaves me sore for a day or so. hope it don’t sound like i’m complaining, just trying to explain why the car is still going to be awhile. again, thanks to my friends for just being great friends, thanks to everyone for the kind words and compliments.

mike sutton
    Participant

forgot to thank rik for the lowered picture, hopefully that’s were it ends up. the lowering blocks aren’t in yet and no drive train, interior etc. looks way better in your picture.

David
    Participant

Glad you are making progress, Mike. Hang in there and don’t quit, every little improvement in range of motion and functionality is something to be celebrated. 😀

mike sutton
    Participant

not much but got the ’56 olds head lights put together.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 296 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.