Custom Car Chronicle

My -48 Buick Roadmaster sedanette

Home Forums CCC Forum My -48 Buick Roadmaster sedanette

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

I think its time to introduce myself and start a thread on my build.
    I bought my Buick Roadmaster Sedanette -48 at A-bombers 2011 after visiting the show for a couple of years without having my own ride. I knew from the first time being there inspired by all amazing that I had to have my own kustom but I couldn’t afford to buy an already built (Looking back im happy for that, getting to built it by myself instead). There were two reasons for buying the Buick.
    1 – It almost looked like a kustom with the stock appearance.
    2 – My wife liked it.
    Apart from the above I didn’t know what I was buying, I just knew that I had to have it. I didn’t either have a plan for what to do with it. I was just happy getting to own it.

This is how it looked when I bought it:

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

I spent the winter 2011 mostly trying to fix the most important mechanical issues like re-wiring the whole car, convert to 12volt, getting rid of vibrations, replacing cracked windows etc.
    I also tried to clean it up by removing the front emblem/ornament etc , installed a -46 grille and put on some hubcaps.
    The progress was slow since I didn’t have my own garage and had to drive to my parrents to get some work done.
    My son was born in february and that did not speed things up 🙂

Summer 2012 look

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

The 2012 winter was mostly spent on customizing. I frenched the headlights, got rid of the top front fender moldings, hood molding, antenna, front parking lights and door handles. This was all new things to me and I did not have the knowledge on how to do it but somehow the result was ok.
    Finally it got a new set of Firestone white walls.

2013 look

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

The summer of 2013 was amazing with a lot of good trips and new friends. Thank you all Palle, Tim, Wolf, Andreas etc for making it great.
    The trip to the Coupe Devils bonanza was special with a good story around it. Me and my wife decided to go there but since the trip was long I tried to find out if someone else nearby where go there. I got in contact with Andreas Åberg and found out that he was going there together with Wolf (did not know him then even if he lives around 10 km away from me).
    The day before the trip Wolf called me and he asked me what kind of car I had. I told him about my Buick and he said that had a Buick -48 a couple of years ago. After some discussions it turned out that I now had his old car that be bought when he worked in US and that the owner before him found it in a barn. I didn’t know anything about the history of the car before so this was really interesting to hear.
    We ended up with 5 cars going there together and I had one of the better weekends of my life.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

What a fantastic story from the 2013 Summer Bonanza trip. And what a great set of cars to go on a trip with.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Torchie
    Participant

Great Pics and a great looking car.
    I had a 1950 Buick sedanette(2dr fastback)that I used as a daily drivers for a few years. One of my favorite cars. Drove and rode like you were floating on air.
    Torchie.

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

After the Coupe Devils Bonanza I got to know Wolf better and during this winter we decided to start to work together on our cars, inspiring, learning and pushing each other. Or it most cases Wolf teaching me.
    On the Buick we started out with several projects in parallel. One was to fill the reflector holes on the rear fenders. It’s a small thing to do but I learned a lot during the process and I would definitely have done it in a different way by myself needing a lot of leading.

Sheet metal in place with clecos

Looks pretty nice without any leadwork!

Torchie
    Participant

Great job on the patch.
    Torchie.

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

It was also missing the moulding on the skirt and gravel shield. I had a set in really bad shape but decided to give them a try. No customizing but they needed to be there.

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

Also the gravel shields was in bad shape, and the metall behind it even worse.
    We spent a lot of time to replace the metal behind the stainless and no one will ever be able to see it :).
    In the end I polished the stainless and got some big improvements.

null

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

Got some Cadillac sombreros on it too.
    There are few pictures of process but heres what we used for mounting them:

At least those spoke caps are good for something 🙂

Stefan Elebrink
    Participant

And then the 2014 look of it.
    Not shown above but the drip rails was of course removed! 🙂

Keith Daleen
    Participant

Looks great without the drip rails.

Eric H
    Participant

Beautiful car! You were in good company on that 2013 trip.

J.B.
    Participant

Looks great, Stefan. Nice work. And Wolf’s Caltex gas station has seen a lot of nice cars through the years. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.