Custom Car Chronicle

My "37 Chevy truck build

Home Forums CCC Forum My "37 Chevy truck build

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Connole
    Participant

That would be awesome Kyle.

Shoot me a message with the info whenever you’re ready and we’ll get it taken care of.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Well I have been working on wiring and getting everything to fit under the dash so the progress pics haven’t been very interesting but I got the dash in today. Will probably have to take it out one more time for some little stuff under the dash but you can get an idea of what it will be like. I dropped the glovebox door and chipped the paint so it has to be repainted when it warms up -38C tonight so not good painting weather. 🙂

IMG_20171227_150341_628

20171227_145608

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Bummer, Ian!  Somebody left the gate open in Alberta; Montana is getting colder and it is snowing, much to come by Saturday.  Share and share alike?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks very good Ian, to bad about the chipped paint on the glove box… I guess the white will be easier to match that when it had been body color.
    -38C… man that is cold… I don’t think we ever had temps that low over here.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Nice view, Very clean and tidy. I can imagine sitting behind that dash too. Looks so nice!

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Thanks guys!

Looks very good Ian, to bad about the chipped paint on the glove box… I guess the white will be easier to match that when it had been body color. -38C… man that is cold… I don’t think we ever had temps that low over here.

Yeah it’s not really a big deal  in the grand scheme of things. Didn’t take long to fix and I will have a few other things to still spray white for the interior so it will just get added to the list. It is a stock ford colour and I still have paint left so it should be no problem at all. Haha yes it is cold, suppose to be colder tonight, but we do on occasion get much colder than even that here.

Torchie
    Participant

Like all have said….

The dash looks great Ian. Good to see you at it despite the temps.

Been real cold here in Northern Michigan as well.

To cold to be out in an unheated shop working on a boat……:)

Keep at it.

Torchie

Dash looks great!  ..The colour of snow..  ;D

Too bad about the chip, but now’s not the worst timing (easy for me to say!).  Truck’s being stubborn ain’t it?

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

I have continued to pick away at some small stuff inside the cab. Part of that is a couple more pieces my Dad fabricated for me. Again these are not quite in keeping with the overall theme of the build but I have tried to modify them slightly to give them a bit more of a older look. I also cleaned them up a bit and polished. I am not going for anything close to perfection on these pieces in the polishing as I don’t want to spend the time to get them there and I don’t really care if they look like jewelry.

IMG_20171231_161404_829 (1)

20180108_144847

20180108_144841

Torchie
    Participant

Great workmanship !!

Keep at it brother….:)

Torchie

Tony
    Participant

You are lucky to have a dad who makes things for you.  Keep going !

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

You are lucky to have a dad who makes things for you. Keep going !

I was he passed away about 12 years ago. Shows how slow this build has been.

Tony
    Participant

Shows how slow this build has been.

Well in that case, we must have started about the same time…and you are ahead of me!

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Well once again it has been a ridiculously long time since my last update. I have been working on a bunch of stuff that really isn’t very interesting picture wise like bleeding brakes, wiring, fixing issues that came up due to short-sightedness or just plain inexperience on my part. My goal was to have this thing ready for the second week of August for the big local car show but I didn’t make it due to a number of set backs and a back injury. So here is where I am at currently.

One of the set backs was my radiator was shot so I needed to get a new one and due to the fact I had modified the factory one I figured it was easier to start with a kit so I ordered one (lost parts with that was another delay) and had a friend weld it up for me. And then hunted through the local NAPA for hoses that fit. Its kind of in disarray right now because when I went to fill it will coolant this week I found out I had forgotten to tighten down the water pump bolts and well ….you can probably figure out how that went.

20180817_162943

Painted my gas tank and the parts for it and installed it.

20180817_162924

And as mentioned got the brakes and clutch bleed so that meant I could finish the under dash wiring and install it. I am going with an MG steering wheel as a nod to my Dad who was a big British car guy (especially MG’s I have his ’62 Landrover 109 as well in line to restore) so I had to make an adaptor for that. I found some cabinet knobs that I thought had a nice Art Deco look to them so I had to modify those for various controls, headlights, choke, glove box and heater controls. I am still trying to find a final metal D clip to do the last knob on the heater controls.

20180817_162859

20180817_162907

So that is where I am at now. My plan was to try and start it this weekend before I started putting fenders and hood and such on but the screw up with the water pump means I am at least a week away from getting a new gasket to fix my mistake and then put it all together again. I am still really hoping to get this done, minus the full interior, before winter but we shall see how many other setbacks pop up.

Torchie
    Participant

Great to see a post Ian.
    Unless they have built one themselves most people don’t have a clue as to what’s involved.
    I like the MG steering wheel as well.
    Hope the back has healed up. Mine is taking it’s sweet time…..
    Keep the posts coming.
    Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 325 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.