Custom Car Chronicle

My "37 Chevy truck build

Home Forums CCC Forum My "37 Chevy truck build

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    Ian Gibbons
    Participant

And a couple more. Everything but the garnish moldings have been cleared.20170820_132028

20170820_132021

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Proud of you, Ian.  It was a long journey for you, fraught with set-backs, but you persevered.  It is gorgeous.  You have to be proud, for sure.  The clear brings out the highlights, and shades the base color back to a more gold hue.

Torchie
    Participant

Love the picture of the newly cleared front fenders. 🙂

Keep on trucking…….

Torchie

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Looks amazing, keep at it Ian!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Wow… Looks amazing Ian.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the advise and encouragement in helping me work through this. I am super happy with the way it has turned out and very glad I was able to use the paint Manuel mixed for me even if it wasn’t quite what the original plan was.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Got the cab colour sanded and polished. I have colour sanded a bunch of other parts as well. It is tedious work. 🙁

The cab goes back on the chassis tomorrow for the final time. If you look closely at the ground you can see the leaves are already falling of the trees for fall so need to pick up the pace a bit.

20170903_102235

20170903_102302

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Whoops forgot one.

20170903_102250

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Oh boy…. that is NICE!

Gil Ayala would love it!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Turned out really nice, Ian.  Love how the sunlight plays with the metallic.  You have to be really relieved to have arrived at this point in your build.  And very justifiably proud of your accomplishment (and perseverance!)

Torchie
    Participant

🙂  🙂

Looks great Ian. Proud of you for sticking to it.

Can’t wait to see more!

Fall is here as well in Northern Michigan. The local oracles are claiming an early fall this year…..:(

p.s. Like when painting I also have the music on when sanding. Weather it is a car or a wooden boat project. 🙂

Torchie

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind works!

Cab back on chassis.

20170905_083449

Gee that colour really pops with the off white as a contrast!  Are you going to tackle a white tonneau?  Yum!  ..Looks great!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Tony
    Participant

Yay for progress!

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Thanks guys! Dave I am not sure about the tonneau. I have thought about it but with the gas tank in the bed I am not sure if it would be too much of a pain in the ass to have one or not so still undecided.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 325 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.