Custom Car Chronicle

Missing replies after EDITING.

Home Forums CCC Forum Missing replies after EDITING.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

We have had/are having some issues with editing posts on the Forum.

Some of you have experienced this already in the past few weeks/month.

When you try to update/correct an already submitted reply to a post the complete reply disappears.

I have found out where they go, they are not gone, but actually going into a folder waiting for the administrator (me) to approve the edited message. Sadly the administrator, me, is not notified about this.

Today I found out about this and have approved a few messages… but that lead to multiple post on the threads, so I leave that for now.

I’m trying hard to find out where this bug is coming from, but until then, if you have edited a message and it is gone again, just let me know, add a new reply to the post mentioning the post, and I will make sure it will get back up again.

Sorry.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Testing to see if the editing works or not.

Corrected.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Thanks Rik for all you do for us here!

Mitch

Yup Rik..  You Da Man!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Torchie
    Participant

Thanks Rik for all you do for us here! Mitch

Yup Rik.. You Da Man! Dave

Agreed. Most people have no idea as to the amount of work as well as the cost to keeping a great site like this up and running.

My thanks as well.

Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I have done a bit more research on this, and found out that it is a bug in the latest update on the Forum Software. So hopefully this will be solved as soon as there is a new update coming out.

What happens is that if you create a post with 2 or more photos, and try to edit that after you have published it. The edited post seems to disappear. In fact it goes into a “to be moderate setting” And I as the moderator need to “approve” the edited post. But the Forum Program does not send me an message that I need to approve this message. I now have the routine to check at least ones a day to see if there are any to be approved messages, but there are days that I’m unable to check the Forum as well.

To prevent this for now, please post only one picture in your reply, if you think you will have to edit. Or if you have posted more pictures and needed to edit it and the post disappeared, just add a new post saying “Please Moderate” or something like that.

Sorry about that… hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Tony
    Participant

Thanks Rik

Quentin Hall
    Participant

So how do we delete a duplicate post if it disappears and we redo it. ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.