Custom Car Chronicle

MECHANICAL SHAVED DOORS

Home Forums CCC Forum MECHANICAL SHAVED DOORS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kristopher hop
    Participant

I was reading somewhere about using 80s Ford door lock cylinders to operate the door latches in liue of the handles. How would this be rigged up to work in something like a 47 Ford?

Tinwolf
    Participant

Not an answer to your question , since I like the shaved look and try to use the parts that was available when trad kustoms were built … I would try to solve the issue on the inside , here is an idea as a complement to solenoids , if anything fails there is still an easy way to open the door … dont know if this works on a -41-48 Ford but works fine on a -49-51 Merc …

wire opening

Wolf

kristopher hop
    Participant

From your illustration, the solenoid pulls the cable over a pulley pulling the long arm connecting the interior handle to the latch.

Would I loop the cable through a hole in the long arm

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tinwolf
    Participant

The rear attachment point for both the solenoid wire and the safety wire is just attached in one point along the arm your showing from the inner handle to the lock . How you attach the wire to the are could be in different ways , one easy way would be to just make a loop on the wire and use the same axle as the arm use (attachment point between arm and lock) , another way would be to drill hole in the arm and make something that fix the wires to the arm . important is that the wire doesnt come lose since you will lose the safety opening then . The solenoid position could possibly be in line with the arm and then doesnt need a wheel that brake the angle to the solenoid , its just a possibility if the solenoid doesnt fit under the ventwindow area in the door …

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Tinwolf.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.