Custom Car Chronicle

Marilyn on Marilyn Documentary with custom coupe in back background…

Home Forums CCC Forum Marilyn on Marilyn Documentary with custom coupe in back background…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kustomland
    Participant

Upon watching a rare kolor home film of Marilyn Monroe, At 16:05 into the home movie you can see a chopped custom with white walls in the front and black walls on the rear…..It appears to have 37 DESOTO rear bumper , Tho i can not see it face on it is exactly what a DESOTO bumper looks like from this angle with its size and width…??

Being parked so close i think it may be her husbands car James Doughty, As he was 5 years her senior , It would makes sense it was his being a G.I and in the LONG BEACH area…..?

Just thought it would be interesting to show…?

KUSTOMLAND

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Here is a little bigger screen shot of it. Not sure about this one though. Not sure if its chopped.

Sceen-shot-Marilyn-Movie-01

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

kustomland
    Participant

Arhhh, Rik you are correct, the front A piller looked a little distorted…From the film….

Tho in another documentary its listed as 1952 in the movie scene..Is  Ford with kustom trim….???

There were some very nice accessory trim sets that could be had ….

Another style was the side trim on on ” CHUCK BOYS ” Buick….Emperors car club victorville.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Michu
    Participant

…the Ford seems to be a Crestliner:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-31 um 13.04.22

Michu
    Participant

…talking about customs in the background, yesterday i made some screenshots of a ’41 Ford sedan that shows up in the background from the  –  A drive through 1940’s Los Angeles!  –   film on youtube at 6:23

But i assume you have already seen this film.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-29 um 15.47.30

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.