Custom Car Chronicle

Lucky Penny 49'

Home Forums CCC Forum Lucky Penny 49'

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    Paulie
    Participant

Thanks Quentin. I am in North Carolina. There is a pretty great Custom and Hot Rodding scene here. Lots of “on point” type guys. I will try to get the guys on here but people are pretty busy with projects.

I will post updates as they happen. Right now I am waiting on getting my steering wheel back from being recast.

Fulgore Rhynehardt
    Participant

WOW… just incredible. What an awesome build!

glen dale caldwell
    Participant

i really am enjoying your thread. really dig the cable lacing and the attention to detail is top notch.do you by chance have a good pic of the stance?and maybe i missed it but did you say how you lowered the front?

Paulie
    Participant

Thank you for the nice response. I lost most of my build photos during a computer glitch so…

I’ll push it outside in early March when I respray the jambs and take a stance photo.

It’s been lowered in the back by:

4″ dearched springs
    3″ blocks
    And 51′ shackles (for an extra inch”)

Up front it has 2.5″ dropped upright
    5″ dropped springs

I had to raise the driveshaft tunnel quite a bit but I run a console so that’s hidden.

It’s low but not that broken, ugly, airbag-modern style low looking. I paid attention to the scrub line. I trimmed the fresh air ducts out of the front fenders for an extra few inches of tire clearance.

Slightly higher than the Goulart Shoebox. Which was a huge inspiration.

Best photo I have on my phone is when I tossed some Lincoln hubcaps on there to scope out. The white walls are GoodyYear Super cushions. With a 4.25″ white wall. I break the ww plane up front and well you see the back. It’s parallel to the ground at the rocker.

mike sutton
    Participant

looks cool! keep the updates coming.

Torchie
    Participant

Very nice build.
    Looking forward to more updates.
    Torchie

David
    Participant

Great build. Love a home built car and I love the addition of the interior.…glad to see it was able to be saved. The theme of the build is fantastic and well thought out. I have a similar idea for my ’49 Chevy, but haven’t worked it all out yet. I’ve found great inspiration in your thread.

Paulie
    Participant

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this and for the replies!

Small update got my custom shift knob made. Kirk at “Luck You” fabricated this symbol of my individuality. Acrylic infused box Elder Burl hybrid.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That shift knob looks really great

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Paulie
    Participant

Thanks Rik. It’s really Amber in the light. These photos don’t do it justice. Really catches all the interior fabric and dash paint colors nicely.

I should have my Crestliner/Accessory steering wheel back from Quality Restorations in a few weeks. Next Sunday some good friends from Charlotte are coming up to thrash on the Shoebox. Hopefully she will fire up.

More pics soon, if your radio is tuned here it’s tuned right. Stay dialed to this thread.

Paulie
    Participant

Figured out a way to hide that ugly Yankee 960 Column clamp using, as Brad Masterson called it “Genuine Imported Brazilian Female Orangutan Underarm Hair” left over from the Original Dave Chavez Interior.

Other side:

Hopefully my Recast Steering wheel shows up soon.

Early 50s purist are cussing me out, late 50s purist are clapping their hands right now. Haha

Quentin Hall
    Participant

I dated a girl with underarm hair like that. Never knew she was folding her arms on a potential Custom goldmine. I still have her number somewhere. . . god I hope she hasn’t discovered Nair. Every long column needs some.

Paulie
    Participant

6,000 vintage 1950s troll kids gave their lives for the carpet in my freedom death machine!! Haha

KingKustoms
    Participant

I love the direction you are going with your shoebox, Paulie…cool to see Dave’s interior live on in your Ford! Keep us posted as you progress and congratulations on the new house 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Paulie
    Participant

Thanks Robbie! First thing Tim told me when he found out I got the interior “put locks on the swivels” haha.

So that’s what I did. Locking boat seat swivels/sliders/riser… ssh don’t tell anyone.

Almost driving!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.