Custom Car Chronicle

Lowering my 1978 F-150

Home Forums CCC Forum Lowering my 1978 F-150

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello! First post since my registration on this forum website. I’m currently in the process of making a show truck. I had gotten my father’s farm truck on my 18th birthday. I’m 20 now and its been in the process of becoming a show truck for 2 and half years. Lately its been long nights of mudding the body panels, patch panels, welding floor pan patches in, etc.. I’m at the point of my question for you guys that are into and have lowered odd things that most to any company doesn’t make a kit for. I was at first looking at lowering my truck with a kind of universal kit such as blocks, shackles, flip kits, etc.. I’ve come to the conclusion on staying away from these. I’ve heard horror stories of these things failing very rarely on people and ruining there hard earned show cars. I’m at a budget of 25,000$ after the truck is completed. That being said I want to go the most bullet proof route (I’m also Polish and like to complicate things). SO. I’m looking for your guys advice on one thing. I’m C-notching the frame quite aggressively. For anyone who has done so or knows what they’re talking about should I go with a slim set of leaf springs, or kit the rear to have independent coil spring set up. They truck is going to have a cab to ground clearance of 10 to 8 inches. I’m not going with bags because of money going into other parts of the truck. So please do not suggest bags.

If you guys were wondering about more info on the truck here are some things I’m doing.

-Lightening frame with gussets.

-350 Rocket out of a ’68 Cutlass (please don’t hurt me Ford owners).

-Single Turbo

-Hopes of 650-725 HP

-Custom Bronze Fire Paint color (Ford Color).

-Lowered (really low)

-Custom interior with more modern light weight racing equipment (Recaro seats, Sparco steering wheel, low profile roll cage (for racing harnesses), gauged dash, pillar gauges, custom center console, white interior.

-White pearl engine bay

-While pearl engine with chrome accents.

-Deep dish rims (haven’t figured company or design).

-Wire tucked engine bay, with inner wheel fender deletes.

I can go on and on, but that’s generally what I’m doing. I’ll be posting more questions on here and help or positive advice is greatly appreciated!

Auto Body Tech.
    1978 F-150 Custom "Low Boy"
    1997 BMW 328i
    2009 Ford Focus SES Turbo'd

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.