Custom Car Chronicle

Lost Donn Lowe 51 Ford

Home Forums CCC Forum Lost Donn Lowe 51 Ford

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ron Hess
    Participant

I was at Symco Weekender and someone said I know this car!  I’ve seen it on the interment, but no one knows who owns it.  So here it is.  Donn chopped this back in the late eighties and then is sat in storage in Illinois for nearly twenty five years until I brought it back to life.

Ron-Hess-Donn-Lowe-Shoebox-w

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thank you for your message Ron. So good to know more about this car. It must have been frustrating for Donn to create such a beauty, and then see it in hiding for the next 25 years. He must be so happy that you bought it and are taking care about it and start showing it around.

If you can… could you please share some more photos, some details as the interior, and the B-pillars. I think a lot of people would be very interested in seeing that up close.

Here are the other photos I came across on Facebook. I guess those are from the moment you  pulled it from the garage after 25 years.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Bryan Rusk
    Participant

Great car!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

970C8D33-4026-47FA-A81C-C9BC02EB2188

Those extra windwings are pretty clever!  I suppose they drop in to the jamb between the doors..?  Nifty shoebox for sure!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Ron Hess
    Participant

The windows that replaced the B pillar have pins that slide into the rubber moulding on top and fasten on the bottom with a hold down so they come out completely and are stowed away.  The car is still under constant change and I hope to have it complete by next year.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Ron send some more photos of the ’51… from before Donn Lowe got to work on it, and a few with the padded top under construction. Thanks for sharing Ron, really fantastic to see these.

Donn-Lowe-51-Ford-4-door-00

Donn-Lowe-51-Ford-4-door-01

Donn-Lowe-51-Ford-4-door-02

Donn-Lowe-51-Ford-4-door-03

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.