Custom Car Chronicle

Lanny Ericson passes away (November 21 2021)

Home Forums CCC Forum Lanny Ericson passes away (November 21 2021)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Earlier this morning I was informed by a close friend of Lanny Ericson that his dear friend Lanny Erickson passed away on Sunday night November 21, 2021.
    To the custom car world Lanny was best know for his 1956 Chevy that received the famous Gene Winfield fade-away paint job. Lanny has been very involved in recreating his old Custom as his own project, and later when the project was passed on to @santoskustoms who has been working really hard to get the car finished in time for Lanny to see it all come back together, and be able to take a ride in it. Sadly the last part will not be happening, But Lanny has been able to see the project evolve over time, and loved every bit of the progress. Our sincere condolences to Lanny’s family and friends. R.I.P. Lanny Ericson.

Lanny-Ericson-RIP-02

santoskustoms_97252164_810751849413377_1061944010746719366_n

IG-Lanny-Ericson-56-Chevy-05IG-Lanny-Ericson-56-Chevy-04IG-Lanny-Ericson-56-Chevy-01IG-Lanny-Ericson-56-Chevy-03

Lanny-Ericson-RIP-01

Lanny-Ericson-RIP-03

Lanny-Ericson-RIP-04

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Rik Hoving.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Rik Hoving.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

James
    Participant

I see several typos stating Larry, his name is Lanny, his car was the Violet Fantasy.

He is/was my uncle in law, lived in Lubbock Texas, and we will miss him at Thanksgiving this year. His eye sight and hearing were very bad keeping him from doing what he loved but it did not keep him from passing on his knowledge. Rest in peace Lanny

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Rik Hoving.
    David
    Participant

Got to meet him and have dinner with him at the newly restored Big Boy/Broiler when we went to the GNRS for the Customs Then and Now display. Really enjoyed the evening and the stories he shared. He was still working on the Violet Fantasy himself at the time. So glad it is in good capable hands that will get it done as it should be. Wish it would have worked out that it could have been finished in time for Lanny to get to see it. Prayers for his family.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Jimmy Severino shared this nice story about Lanny on facebook.

“Yeah I got a call yesterday and I was waiting to post until I knew it was okay to go public on that. I just spoke with him in September. He asked if I still had a 56 Chevy quarter panel molding that I bought at Pomona years ago. I did and now it’s going to go on the Violet fantasy restoration. Last year he called to wishes happy Easter. There was a post on Facebook about Goulart’s Cart and I asked Lanny if he could answer a few questions that came up. I had him on speakerphone so Winfield could join in the conversation. When he told me about returning to Stockton California on leave from the service. He recalled meeting Leroy Goulart for the first time. He saw canted quad headlights approaching him as he cruised the boulevard. In 57 the only car that had them was the Lincoln but these lights were too close together. When the cars passed each other on the boulevard the owners decided to pull over to get a better look at each other’s ride. He was looking for a painter for the 56 and Leroy told him about Winfield. Most people don’t know that most of the custom work was done in Colorado where he was stationed.
    Besides all the great stories I really enjoyed a phone call from Lanny or visit when he’d make it back to California. Lanny you will truly be missed. R.I.P.”

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.