Custom Car Chronicle

KUSTOMIZING ON A BUDGET

Home Forums CCC Forum KUSTOMIZING ON A BUDGET

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kristopher hop
    Participant

I started my 47 Ford coupe build about 5 years ago. I went into this build knowing it wasn’t going to be a chopped, candy apple,  masterpiece, just something fun, simple, and done my way. Now that I’m getting the pieces together and starting to really get a scope of my end game there’s something that seems a little off. I feel like I’m missing something. I know I still have a ways to go and that might have something to do with it. Here are some pics of where I am kind of give you an idea of what I’m going for.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Russ McLean
    Participant

I like the Studebaker headlight rings.  Were you lucky enough to get the head light buckets and parking light glass?

I fully understand the “budget” part.  I was 75 years old and received an inheritance before I got started on my custom (the 1962 Volvo custom below).

imageMaybe fender skirts?  This picture was in my file of ideas – no idea where I got it from.

A quick Google search found someone selling new reproduction steel 1941-1948 fender skirts.  Disclaimer:  I don’t know anything about the seller.

Ford with fenderskirts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363922401515?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=363922401515&targetid=1645685073768&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=9030197&poi=&campaignid=16730423415&mkgroupid=135815925780&rlsatarget=pla-1645685073768&abcId=9300841&merchantid=113777208&gclid=CjwKCAjwo_KXBhAaEiwA2RZ8hJJ4dIKkXwnTfvelq_TwqzDjHybjrefSyS-IKdawAJQ5A6vGiVJZ2hoCNKIQAvD_BwE

2020 05 19 On the roadWheel treatment:  Period correct hub caps are expensive,  These spun aluminum disks (a.k.a. “Moon disks”) were purchased from Speedway.  I later found that the real deal Moon disks are still sold by Moon.  I am on my second set of disks, there is a learning curve on how to install screw-on disks.

Russ

1962 Volvo PV544 mild custom. A 55 year old dream come true - with much help from Smooth Engineering in Phoenix, AZ (Many thanks to Ed Smoot).
    Still trying to navigate this site.

I am the frequently deleted TrailerTrashToo on the HAMB, a little nervous if I am "on-topic" here.

kristopher hop
    Participant

The headlight rings and buckets I pulled off a Buick Roadmaster.

I’ve been seeing some skirts pop up here and there on facebook. Not sure what a good price would be for a pair that needs a little loving, or if anyone is willing to do some swapping.

Russ McLean
    Participant

OOPS, I misidentified the headlight rings.

Did you checkout the Ebay fender skirts in the link I provided?  It appears that the seller specializes in reproduction fender skirts.

1962 Volvo PV544 mild custom. A 55 year old dream come true - with much help from Smooth Engineering in Phoenix, AZ (Many thanks to Ed Smoot).
    Still trying to navigate this site.

I am the frequently deleted TrailerTrashToo on the HAMB, a little nervous if I am "on-topic" here.

kristopher hop
    Participant

I did get to look at them they definitely would look great on these types of cars, something worth saving up for when the time comes. I was also thinking because my running boards are so rotted putting lake pipes between the fenders to kind of tie things together and brighten it up a bit.

(found this 41 at the Relix Riot last Saturday)

IMG_20220820_100601774

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.