Custom Car Chronicle

Kustom Styles 1949-53 1952 Chevy Coupe Project

Home Forums CCC Forum Kustom Styles 1949-53 1952 Chevy Coupe Project

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Bling Bling ?

Can’t wait to install my frontend Parts, as soon as my car comes back from the paint shop. 53 chevy grillbar, 50 bumper horns (i like how they match the 53 grill teeth because of the same “bullet” shape), and a 49 license guard.
    Still waiting for my 50 Pontiac rear bumper which is on the way. I also want to install it with a 49 license guard.IMG_20190617_165000</p>

Anonymous
    Inactive

A little Photoshop..

What do you think?

I like it without but a little afraid of problems with water on rainy days52-2

Torchie
    Participant

I personally prefer it with the rain gutter.

I think that there is a point where something becomes too smooth

Adds some definition to the area above the door and quarter window.

Just my opinion.

Keep at it.

Torchie

Tinwolf
    Participant

I dont want to start a war over this but most customs back in the golden era had them removed for a reason , it looks much better and was part of the “shaving” of the body , Dan Landons beautiful -49 Chevrolet shows why :

Dan Landon Chevrolet

If you want a pratical car , custom car is not the way to go , custom cars are built to look cool , smooth , low that has very little to do with practical .

Sam Barris made an internal gutter on top of the door on his -50 Buick , I dont know if that is possible on the thin Chevrolet profile of the doorframe , I cant find the picture but its a ridge built up on top of the door frame to direct the rainwater forward or backward . Then again driving in the rain it blows off , its mostly for parking in the rain but who parks a custom out in the rain , lol !

Wolf

No Driprail

Torchie
    Participant

I thought about Sam’s hidden gutter as well Tinwolf but didn’t mention it as I have never seen or heard exactly how he did that.

Maybe Kustom Kurt will share that tidbit of information.

Don’t worry about starting a war. This isn’t that other. site. LOL

Yes Dan Landons Car is beautiful. It also has a much harder chop then Tobias does. I think removing the gutter doesn’t do anything to make it look better. Again. Just my opinion.

I’m afraid the we are turning into what the original Car custom builders and their clients didn’t want. Every “Traditional” custom looking mostly the same and having the same modifications done to them.

I used to perform a lot of Jazz and what really appealed to me was listening to different artists putting their own spin on the same song. That to me is what car customising is all about. Taking a run of the mill car and putting your own spin on it.

Again. Just my opinion.

Peace Brother…

Torchie

Anonymous
    Inactive

I understand both of your opinions Torchie and Wolf.

Im still thinking about what to do but i also think it won’t make or break my custom. So I guess in this case im going to be more practical haha. We will see

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just scored my first Appleton Spotlight. I know it’s not the right Model but it’s the right handle and together with the Kustom Kraft im gonna built me some nice Dummys Screenshot_20190716_122500

Torchie
    Participant

Good for you.

I have been thinking about doing the same thing after I watched Barry Mazza do them for his Ford.

Used to be you could pick them up for a decent price but with the current traditional custom car thing going on prices soared. Although they do seem to be leveling off a bit now. But they are still getting scarce.

I may not even put spots on my current build.(If I ever get to that point).

Torchie

Anonymous
    Inactive

I only payed 35 bucks for it. Now I just need to find a second one ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Windshield and rear Window Stainless. For me, a must have… What do you think?

Today was a good day, as a few parts arrived.

The fact my car is a Special without the Stainless around the windows always gave me a headache. All the great Customs have/had it. I was lucky to score a nice complete set in excellent condition that didn’t cost me an arm and a leg.

Also my nice pair of kustom Kraft dummys and my left packard spear arrived (right one is on the way)?IMG_20190815_161106

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Excellent!  Great improvements; always loved that Packard spear. Classic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Soon it will be ready for Paint ?

IMG_20190828_152235IMG_20190828_152247

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Looks fantastic Tobias.

SO happy you will go with the stainless around the windshield and rear window. As you mention all the famous (for a reason) Custom Chevy’s in the past had them. Those details are so important, they really make the car look finished in the end.

Have fun with the final stages

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t wait😅IMG_20190918_124522IMG_20190918_162601

Torchie
    Participant

Neither can we.!!!!

Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 141 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.