Custom Car Chronicle

Kipp Winward 1936 Ford-5-W finished

Home Forums CCC Forum Kipp Winward 1936 Ford-5-W finished

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I have been following the build of Kipp’s 1936 Ford 5-Window coupe on the HAMB since he started the thread in 2013.
    It became soon clear to me that his ideas for his perfect custom 36 Ford was something I would really enjoy.
    The car has now been painted for a few month and on the road with no hood a few times. But this weekend he has the car all ready (on the outside) and even put some period lettering on it for an hill climb event he went to, making it look even more correct.

Wonderful styling, perfectly balanced and with the real feel of a mid to late 40’s period custom.
    I absolutely love it.

I have collected a few photos from this weekends posts on facebook.. and when I find more I will add them.
    To check out how Kipp built this amazing Ford check out the HAMB thread.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Great you are bringing this one up here Rik. I have also followed his build thread and it´s an amazing build. One of the best chops I´ve seen on a 5window.He also kept it very traditionel all the way through the build.Looking forward to see it upholstered.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I agree with you Kenneth… that chop is done very nicely. One other aspect I really… REALLY like on the car is the way he used the Nash grille and how that wonderful slight curve gives the car a completely different, even more attractive, than stock” profile. Breathtaking…. Looking forward to see it without the number and photographed with a nice background.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Yes that grill is wonderful. That to me captures the era so perfectly. It really makes me wonder when you see 98% of these cars done as streetrods. . . I guess the others just don’t understand.
    For no other reason than to have a discussion. . . . I could go either or on the Buick Skirt trim. I’d probably make a set of skirts without. A bit like my half a dozen hood sides options for my 39 hehe.
    Sharing these builds as we do also highlights the ups and downs encountered during such a laborious task. A pure vision and determination to tackle each adversity is inspiring. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and sometimes it takes several attempts to get to the top of the mountain. As well I find that just being disciplined to do that one our two little jobs each day adds up.

Tony
    Participant

The upside down Nash grille!

Yes a great build, really well done. I hope the number is temporary.

I may be a custom heretic, but along with spots, I also don’t like trim on skirts. Oh well, burn me at the stake.

Torchie
    Participant

Like all the rest of you heretics I was following this build as well.
    I am going to with hold my judgment on the skirt trim until I see it with out the Lettering.
    The fact that he is using the door handles as well as the chrome trim on the hood may balance out the skirt trim.
    p.s. It don’t look like any hill climbing car I ever saw………………..:)
    Torchie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.