Custom Car Chronicle

Ken Norrena 1947 Ford Convertible.

Home Forums CCC Forum Ken Norrena 1947 Ford Convertible.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ken Norrena
    Participant

driverside3.4

Ken Norrena
    Participant

Tought I would introduce my new project. I’ve been looking for a decent convertible project for about 5-6 years ever since I sold my green 46 chopped coupe. In late September last year I found this 47 in the US. I’ve been collecting av few parts while waiting for the car to arrive, so when it finally did a week ago, it did’nt take long before I started tinkering with it. Same day I got it home I lowered the rear and got the skirts mounted. I had 46 guards, new dash chrome, 16″ Lyons and a set of Firestone whitewalls in my stash, so now it’s starting to look like a custom.

Future plans are getting theĀ mechanicalĀ  in order and the car up and running, and registered here in Norway. It will eventually be painted black, get a new interior and padded removeable carson style top. I will keep the grill and most of the original trim. But taillights will be moved to the guards. I would say it it will be much inspired by the 1947 Ford at the dry lakes in theĀ next Picture, especially when it comes to stance. Also trim and top.

Thanks for looking!Ā  Have a great weekend guys!

Lovely Ken.Looks like a decent car will follow with great intrest

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Beautiful…. just the way I like them. First as mild custom.. and then slowly turning it into a full custom.

As Kenneth mentioned… will be following this with great interest.

Are those the long 41 skirts?

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Torchie
    Participant

Watching as well.

The 47 Ford at the Dry Lakes is a great example to follow.

Torchie

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

This will be great, thanks for sharing!

GrantMaclean
    Participant

Looking so good already! Love these Ā convertibles. Can’t wait to see the progress on it.

Ken Norrena
    Participant

Thanks guys!

yes Rik, repro long style skirts. Yes I like taking a custom car thru the different stages from mild to full………it’s fun to doĀ moreĀ modifications every year, until one feels the car is where it needs to be.

Maby you will help me with the top Bert? šŸ˜‰

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Well, at least I know I guy you should talk to who probably has a masters degree in the subject by now.

Congrats on finding your convertible Ken! Ā This will be fun to watch!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

1952B3b23

Great project and i really like the plans you have for it. How difficult is it to register a car overseas? I’m assuming it’s not too terrible since a lot of folks do it.

-Chris

"The devils in the details"

Ken Norrena
    Participant

Thanks for the interest guys!

Bert we have to talk at one of the shows this summer.

Chris, here in Norway I have to show the car in stock condition at DMV. They check the cars Identity and that nothing has been altered. Then I have to apply DMV regarding the changes I want to do ( engine,suspension,brakes, chop etc.) Then when the car is done I have to show it at the DMV inspection facilities again to show that the work has been done correctly and car is safe for road use. I also have to document engine horsepower if I put a bigger engine in the car. Rule ses max. 15% increase in horsepower from Stock. So it’s no walk in the park, getting a vintage car registered here.

1952B3b23

Thanks for the interest guys! Bert we have to talk at one of the shows this summer. Chris, here in Norway I have to show the car in stock condition at DMV. They check the cars Identity and that nothing has been altered. Then I have to apply DMV regarding the changes I want to do ( engine,suspension,brakes, chop etc.) Then when the car is done I have to show it at the DMV inspection facilities again to show that the work has been done correctly and car is safe for road use. I also have to document engine horsepower if I put a bigger engine in the car. Rule ses max. 15% increase in horsepower from Stock. So itā€™s no walk in the park, getting a vintage car registered here.

Wow that’s more of a hassle than i would of guessed. But i sure am glad you guys still do it, it’s awesome to see American customs in other countries!

-Chris

"The devils in the details"

Mark
    Participant

Ken, I love your old ’46 and am using it as an inspiration for my ’47 build, so much so that it’s my FB profile pic (hope you dont mind). Will be watching this build very closely. Mark

bruce donelan
    Participant

I love these convertibles Ā  Is the one on the dry lakes a 47 with the quarter windows covered up or a 41 with 47 style trim?

either way its a super cool goal to have

I just sold a 41 convertible and I’m sure I’ll be sorry

looking forward to seeing updates

Bruce

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.