Custom Car Chronicle

Keith Dean new Cadillac Custom

Home Forums CCC Forum Keith Dean new Cadillac Custom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I came across these two photos on Billy Crewl’s Facebook…

The ’53 Cadillac was built by Keith Dean’s at his South end Kustom shop, for Pat Lopez’s. It looks really great.

Does anybody have more photos of it…

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Yes that car has been at South End Kustom for years,it does look real nice though.Now Keith can finish my uncles 56 custom cad.

ANy sideviews ?

Stephen Gotz
    Participant

Thats Very cool, love the grille treatment!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Found another one.. but no side view

And tell us more about your uncles 1956 Custom Jeff.

Tomas
    Participant

Beutiful car

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Found another one showing the car at Keith his shop in its final stages.

Renaud Zed Legardez
    Participant

interesting treatment on the front of the rear fenders, they’re looking completed now !

Stephen Gotz
    Participant

Cool massively long skirts as well, a lot of work on this one

Quentin Hall
    Participant

The 53 Cad front end is one of my favourites. had to kook twice at the grill to work out what had been changed. Apart from dechroming, removing the grill teeth and the fog housings it is relatively stock. But the change is dramatic and gives a wonderful custom look. Ironically I bought a heap of nice 53 parts from Geoff Hacker from a car he was using as a donor for one of goods many fibreglass wonders. It is a small world.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

The more I look at this car the more I appreciate the many modifications. The kick in the side windows. The 49 rear fender bulges, the fully radiused front fenders, all nice touches. Even the use of flat Buick? headlight doors instead of the standard 53 eybrow ones (which ironically are used on many other customs) makes for a very different look. Nice work. I have a 53 conv that is just about on the road as a beater . I have a couple of spare grills so I may just have to knock out the teeth, get the red oxice primer and have a play. Q

Quentin Hall
    Participant

The more I look at this car the more I appreciate the many modifications. The kick in the side windows. The 49 rear fender bulges, the fully radiused front fenders, all nice touches. Even the use of flat Buick? headlight doors instead of the standard 53 eybrow ones (which ironically are used on many other customs) makes for a very different look. Nice work. I have a 53 conv that is just about on the road as a beater . I have a couple of spare grills so I may just have to knock out the teeth, get the red oxide primer and have a play. Q

Håkan Andersson
    Participant

Wow,, a lot of nice work on this caddy,, we need to see more views of it + details,, ( I belive headlight rings are 56 olds)

Keith Daleen
    Participant

I stopped by Keith’s shop a while back and it was under a plastic drop cloth. couldn’t make out much of it. Lot’s of work was going on that day and he had the chains up to keep people like me from drooling on the cars.

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Im appreciating all of Keiths work on this car and came out real nice from what I can see in pics.I did see it at the shop quite a while ago.I do like the rear quarter treatment like a 1953/54 chevy.Im not so sure I love the front end changes.To me cadillacs are so elegant and sexy ,im not sure if I would want to change anything. Its not my car though,im just saying my pure opinion. Not saying it doesn’t look good,im just not sure if I would have the balls to change the front.

Rik….as far as my uncle’s cad goes… I haven’t seen it in ages.Keith did a gorgeous chop on it,not too much just enough.Those bodies are so huge its very easy and common to over chop em. He did some nice body mods as well.I will find out more real soon but I dont think we have seen a 56 cad like we are about to see when my uncle Bobs gets out of SouthEnd Kustom.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I agree with you on the front end changes Jeff.
    Somehow it intrigues me though. But I always feel that the customizing on the front end on such a Caddy only needs to be done very subtile not to loose its elegance and class.
    However I do think the front end chances fit the rest of the theme very well.
    Still looking to find a nice side profile photo…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.