Custom Car Chronicle

John Williamson's '29 Model A

Home Forums CCC Forum John Williamson's '29 Model A

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Custom Car and Hot Rod enthusiast John Williamson has been sharing a lot of great stuff with the Custom Car Photo Archive in the past. Wonderful photos and great stories.

John recently send me some snapshots of his mid 1950’s built 1929 Model A Hot Rod he has been working on for a while.

He asked me to share them on the CCC-Forum…

Here is his story and the photos he send… enjoy.

Rik, here are a bunch of picts of my roadster, it was originally built in 1956 in Sun Valley California by Herb McGregor and his son with a new 364 cu. In. 57 Buick engine, dynaflow and 40 Ford rear end it was raced at San Fernando Drag strip and driven on the street. It had wood floors and all the inner structure removed from the doors to make it light, it was channeled over a Model A frame, had 40 Ford steering and brakes. when the son got married he put the car in his dads garage and moved away, it sat in the garage until I got it. I put new fuel lines in it started it and drove it home and then drove it as my daily car from the 70’s thru the 90’s. In 1998 I upgraded the engine trans and rear end to a bored .060 over 425 Buick G/S engine, turbo 400 trans and Hildibrand Champ rear end with Detroit lockers. In 2000 I had a bad wreck in it and enlisted my friend Richard Ruth to fix the frame, He Built the 2 lane blacktop / American graffiti 55 Chevy, Frantic Fred Badberg’s winning 27 roadster and many other race cars and rods, so Richard built me a new Model A frame,steel floors, adjustible rear spring purch, just like the original with some improvements.  I knocked out the bends and tweaks in the body and primed it got it back together. Jimmie Collins redid the upholstery and I’ve have been using it since then. It’s really a great old 50’s car!

Best regards John Williamson.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Adam Von Gerichten
    Participant

Sweet roadster! Great story and history behind it, minus the “bad wreck part” but then Richard Ruth wouldn’t have been part of it’s history. Thank you for sharing, Rik……..and thanks to John Williamson as well.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.