Custom Car Chronicle

Jeffs 51 Merc by King Kustoms Temecula

Home Forums CCC Forum Jeffs 51 Merc by King Kustoms Temecula

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author

That´s how I think about it too Rob. I still have my job as a welder and fabricator at a local mechanical work shop and doing kustoms in my spare time. Have a really good relation with the superviser there and we have a deal that if there´s lots of job I spend more time there and if the jobs are less I can spend more time at my own business.It does so I can choose the jobs I whants and not have to take everything just to pay the bills. The best parts out of both worlds.

Renaud Zed Legardez
    Participant

i’m glad to know you’re still in the game Rob, and that you’re doing what you love to do now 😉 thanks for taking the time to answer to a privacy question.

KingKustoms
    Participant

That´s how I think about it too Rob. I still have my job as a welder and fabricator at a local mechanical work shop and doing kustoms in my spare time. Have a really good relation with the superviser there and we have a deal that if there´s lots of job I spend more time there and if the jobs are less I can spend more time at my own business.It does so I can choose the jobs I whants and not have to take everything just to pay the bills. The best parts out of both worlds.

Exactly. It’s nice to be able to choose who you work for 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Here’s the latest picture of the Cadillac motor install from Sarah MacMillan 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Jeff’s Merc has been back for some fine-tune metalwork before it goes off for paint and body. All of the extra holes under the hood that won’t be used have been welded up. Working on fitting the front fenders, hood gaps, and front door gaps at the moment. More pictures soon!

I want to publicly thank Jeff and Sarah for their patience as I have finished up other ongoing projects while juggling my teaching job M-F. I have a week off for spring break and I plan to kick some butt on this Merc! 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

I’ve been spending all week moving the front sheetmetal around to get the gaps and panels flush on Jeff’s Merc. Installed a pair of NOS hood hinges to start, then shifted the core support to fine tune the hood to fender gaps once the hood to cowl gap was right. I added some metal pieces at the base of the A pillars to finish off the shaved driprails. All of the typical Merc front sheetmetal issues came out to play! I also trimmed the bottom valance corners to clear the Dodge bumper better. Tomorrow I’ll slice and dice the gaps for perfection and post more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

more…

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

David
    Participant

Crazy the amount of work necessary for details most never notice. Really looking wonderful!!

KingKustoms
    Participant

Crazy the amount of work necessary for details most never notice. Really looking wonderful!!

Thanks David! Yeah, very time-consuming but well worth the effort as you know 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

Few more updates from this weekend- got the trunk completely dialed in. Jeff found some better condition trunk hinges (originals had a ton of play in them), Matt Townsend came to the rescue with a nearly NOS condition upper trunk latch, and I was able to weld the striker pin on the lower trunk latch. I had to weld up the cracked and pushed back lower trunk latch platform and re-thread the holes due to screws showed in to hold the latch. Once the trunk opened, closed, and fitted nicely I cut and welded the upper gap. The rear bumper guard holes on either side of the license plate also got welded up yesterday. The passenger fenderwell got a notch for the Cadillac generator, too. Not much left on this one before body and paint! 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.