Custom Car Chronicle

James Owens Painting Amazing GIFT from my friends

Home Forums CCC Forum James Owens Painting Amazing GIFT from my friends

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Last Tuesday morning I was sitting in my office, at work behind my computer when there was a knock on the door. The mailman, with a rather large package. Normally these are always for my wife, so I start walking to here office when I notice that the package is addressed to me!

I could not remember ordered anything, so what could it be in this mystery package from the US. I look at the sender, James Owen… did not ring a bell at that moment… so I go to my office and start unpacking it. While I carefully take away the layers of tape, cardboard and bubble wrap the name James Owen suddenly rings a bell. I had shared a beautiful painting he had done of Palle’s Cadillac on my Facebook a few weeks earlier. ???  By then I had completely unwrapped the package and expected perhaps an canvas printed version of this painting… But it was the real thing, the original GORGEOUS painting from James Owens. But how, and why? So I send James a message on facebook.. extremely happy, and “slightly” confused. Next I send Palle a message telling him that he would never expect what I just got in the mail… he replied “your should ask Quentin, he knows more about it” So I send a message to Quentin.

He replies back that the painting is a gift of 7 of my friends here on the Custom Car Chronicle.

Wow… tears in my eyes!

Thank you so much Quentin, Palle, Bert, Tim, Kenneth, Grant and Doug… Thank you very much, for the BEST gift ever!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

ARTMAN
    Participant

Superbe!

GoOd TiMeS !

Nice things to good people!  Way to go fellas!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Tony
    Participant

Good work boys!

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Nice!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Youse guys makes my heart glad.  What Rik does for the preservation of traditional custom history, and encouragement  to keep the torch burning is deeply appreciated by us all.

Torchie
    Participant

All of the above.

Torchie

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Yeah, very Cool!

GrantMaclean
    Participant

Glad you’re happy with it Rik! It sure is cool, and very much deserved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.