Custom Car Chronicle

Jack Stewart Ford Restoration Progress

Home Forums CCC Forum Jack Stewart Ford Restoration Progress

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

That’s great news, and it looks awesome!

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Awesome!

Andy Corralez
    Participant

Excellent!  I love white primer!

PalleJ
    Participant

i too love it in white…thanks. i will focus on having the JS on the road. i am still working on the Caddy, but i am afraid to do things to fast, and make stupid decisions. so it will be ready when its ready. but it is in the paint boot at the moment…i still have two colors in my mind, and trying to decide wich one to use. probably the hardest thing for me.
    more later..

Paul(hombres ruin)
    Participant

great to see history come full circle

Respect tradition

KingKustoms
    Participant

Wow, nice! I was wondering when this would come back to life…super cool, Palle 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

One my all time favorites .

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

More progress on the Jack Stewart Ford.

Palle and his team are putting the car back together so that it can be driven in white primer for some time. Just as Jack did back in 1951.
    The first few meters have been driven in the car, and Palle hopes to make a real test drive soon.
    Very exciting to see the car like this.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Last Sunday, August 19, 2018 I visited Palle with my son Abe.

Palle had been pretty quite about progress on the Jack Stewart Ford since the last update above. So I expected to perhaps see it still all apart in the shop. But to my very pleasant surprise the bright white primered car was parked in front of Palle’s home when we arrived.

There has been quite a bit of progress on the car, and it was actually driven on the street for the first time a bit earlier that day, before we arrived.  And Palle plans to do some more needed work to get the car ready for inspection to get it registered. In Denmark that means that some items, like turnsignals need to be added (temporarily).

During the quick test drive in the morning, and while Palle took me and my son Abe for a quick spin it became evident that the brakes needed some more work, and the engine is in needs of an aircleaner, which has to me partly hand made because there is no space to put it on top of the carburetor under the hood.

After the cars paper work will be done, more work will be done to get the body in better shape. It still needs a lot of work. The doors that were heavily reworked to fit perfect before the 2013 GNRS US trip had been badly bend when the US Customs officials tried to open the doors… while ignoring written instructions how to do this taped on the side windows.

After adding the white primer it also showed that the drivers front fender was never properly fixed and aligned with the fade away panels on the doors. So that will have to be addressed as well, plus many more things to make sure the car can be driven in a good way. Because that is the plan. The put the car back in white primer after all the body work is done, and then drive it around and enjoy it as much as possible, before… in time take it apart and paint it metallic bronze, just as George Barris had done in 1951. But that might be a while before the car gets to that stage.

It was absolutely amazing to see the Jack Stewart Ford again since 2015 and now it white primer… and put back all together…. exactly the way it was when Jack Stewart took the car from the Barris Shop to Balboa Beach for the Eater weekend party in 1950.

Here are some snapshots I took, mostly in Palle’s garage.

CCC-jack-stewart-ford-white-primer-03

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-16

The Appletons were replaced with some bullet turn signals to make the car road legal to be able to get the paper work.

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-15

My son Abe having a great time behind the steering wheel.

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-11

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-01

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-05

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-10

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-07

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-06

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-02

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-03

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-04

Close up of the taillights. Over the years the laminating of the separate clear red lucite sheets have become more evident than it used to be. Original taillights were grafted by Bob Hirohata. The photo shows that the surrounding metal needs some fine tuning.

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-12

I also took a few snapshots with a ruler in place to show the sizes of the windows. Ruler is in centimeters!
    JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-09

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-14

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-13

JackStewart-Ford-white-primer-08

Ken Norrena
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>So cool! I hope to get the chance to see this car in person next summer.</p>

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.