Custom Car Chronicle

Jack Stewart Ford Restoration Progress

Home Forums CCC Forum Jack Stewart Ford Restoration Progress

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

After a long pause Palle Johansen and team are returning back to the restoration of the Jack Stewart 1941 Ford originally created by the Ayala’s and George Barris. In 2013 Palle had send the car from Denmark to the US to be shown at the GNRS in bare metal. After the car returned home some work had been done, but not much, untill the winter of 2016. The plan is now to get the car in white primer ready for the road in the summer from 2017.

And today, December 16, 2016 was a HUGE Milestone for the car and the team. The Cadillac V8 was started for the first time….

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for the update Rik!

Torchie
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks for the update Rik!

Awesome indeed!!
    Hearing these vintage engines reminds me in part of why I fell in love with cars as a boy. They all sounded different.
    Looking forward to seeing more updates..
    Torchie

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Sweet, I’ve been wondering about this car project recently.
    Nice to see its still moving forward. Thanks Rik.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

These should actually have been posted before the video… but I got to excited about the video!

Sweet. Good to see some progress on this one. Hope you can stay with your plan Palle so that we can see it driving this summer.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Gee, why didn’t i know it ran a flathead? They really are a beautifully smooth engine. That’s exciting news Palle.

PalleJ
    Participant

Thanks for posting Rik..it will be on the road this spring. cant wait myself to take it for a spin
    i actuelly never drove the car one meter. i had the Ford flathead, that Bob had in in, started, but that was it
    i am still thinking about painting it, but i love the car in white primer, and think it deserves to run like that.
    the Cadillac engine is mated to a Ford 3 speed gearbox just like they did back then, that was one hell of a job, and i just hope everything works when i start driving it. if not, i will have to use the cadillac gear.

more later
    palle

Ken Norrena
    Participant

Cool! Yeah Palle you need to drive it in white primer for a while, at least one summer! Now I have one more reason for waiting on summer 😉

kustomland
    Participant

Awesome job Palle…..!! This is a great milestone in history to have it back on the road again. What a lucky car to be in the hands of the right person, Well looked after and back on the road….KUDOS….!
    Kustomland

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Palle congratulations on this. So great to hear and see the power it had back then in the car today. I’m sure you were smiling ear to ear after that. One of my favorite customs getting back to the way it was and showing the way a historic custom should be restored. I wish we could cruise together and get some pics. Mine will be back on the road soon.

PalleJ
    Participant

Thanks guys..I am really looking forward to the first trip in the car. i honestly lost interest after the trip to GNRS. i mean how could it ever be better that ship your car BACK to the US and show it like we did. so when i had the car back here i parked it.
    I also cant wait to see it in white down the road..so Luke..you might have to wait a year before you come over and help me paint it.
    and Jeff..maybe i will find a sponsor again, and we can cruise down to Balboa together one day
    Merry Christmas everyone

kustomland
    Participant

Palle the wait is killing me …lol….. if we wait tooooo long water born paint will be out of fashion and we might have to use crayola crayon’s and kolor it in instead…lol

So it will look like the FLOWER BARRIS car in white…? That’s kind of how I imagine it………
    You will be working double time to get the caddy done so you can get to it….

Kustomland

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Major update on the Jack Stewart Ford restoration today.
    For the first time since 1951 we can see the Jack Stewart Ford back in white primer again.

Torchie
    Participant

Looks good!

Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.