Custom Car Chronicle

Ians new project.

Home Forums CCC Forum Ians new project.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    Torchie
    Participant

Nice job on the inner door frames, Ian.

Good and solid.

My take on rust is that there is usually twice as much as you can see.

Keep at it.

Torchie.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

It’s been a while and I haven’t done much.Β I have been working on finishing up some little things on my truck so I can get it inspected and I needed my garage for some Zoom training for some shops for work so I needed to keep it in somewhat presentable shape for a bit so I didn’t do much dirty work. I have started up again and got a little more done on the door bottom. Hopefully progress will pick up a bit again soon.20210524_153420 (1)

20210611_160011 (1)

20210611_155952 (1)

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Double post

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Ian Gibbons.
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Double post

Yeah I noticed there is sometimes a delay, or a post appears not to be posting… when it actually is. I’m aware, and try to find a fix for it.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Torchie
    Participant

Looks good. Any progress is good progress, Ian.

Torchie

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Well it has been a while. We have had a super crappy summer here either super hot or blanketed with forest fire smoke so I have been less than motivated to work on this heap but today I decided to get back on it a little. I striped the door, finished welding and cleaned up some of the bottom edge of the inner door frame that I hadn’t finished and got the bottom piece fitted up properly to weld in (looks like a pretty big gap in the picture but that is black sharpie I used to scribe it when I couldn’t see the line in the DyeChem). Pictures don’t seem like much progress but I guess it was better than the nothing I had been doing. πŸ™‚

20210821_162526

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Ian Gibbons.
    Ian Gibbons
    Participant

And, not shockingly, I uncovered this sweet bit of fabrication when I striped the door so it will have to be replaced as well.

20210821_162537

Tony
    Participant

Isn’t it fun to discover hidden secrets?

At least that’s what tourism operators like to brag about.

Torchie
    Participant

Good to see you back at it Ian.

Tony…

Don’t even talk to me about tourists.

Torchie..

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Ian, What area do you live? Sure sounds like Northern California πŸ™

Smoke is so thick here too. And hot. But at least the fires aren’t affecting us otherwise. But they sure are devastating other parts nearby. Entire towns being leveled.

Mitch

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Ian, What area do you live? Sure sounds like Northern California πŸ™ Smoke is so thick here too. And hot. But at least the fires aren’t affecting us otherwise. But they sure are devastating other parts nearby. Entire towns being leveled. Mitch

I live in Edmonton Alberta, Canada about 2500km north east of California. Most of the fires this year are in British Columbia which is the province to our west but the smoke blows over in the jet stream. We have had way worse years for smoke when the fires were closer but it’s has been a record breaking year for heat. The crappy part has been that the smoke rolls in when the temperatures go down so it’s been a pretty lousy summer for doing anything outdoors and when you have 6-7 months of snow a year….. πŸ™

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Yep, that makes it tough to work. I’m familiar with BC too. We were there several times before covid and fires were many and thick smoke. Same as Northern California these days. Hot here every summer. But this year is exceptional too. Let’s hope things clear up a bit, though I have doubts.

Mitch

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Speedy this isn’t. πŸ™ Lots of sound deadening crap to clean off the inside of the door skins and slow fitting. Got all the patches tacked in and the bottom of the door hemmed.

20210826_140847

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

I may just leave the top half and cover with filler it’s not nearly as bad as the bottom was. I haven’t decided if I can stomach leaving ti but at some point I am going to have to make some decisions on whether I m fixing every single thing and this taking forever or making some concessions for time.

20210826_140841

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

20210826_143451

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.