Custom Car Chronicle

Howard Henry Customs

Home Forums CCC Forum Howard Henry Customs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

The February 1982 issue of Classic & Custom magazine ran an article on a ’67 El Camino owned by Chuck Sides of Dayton, Ohio. Photos by Lee Pratt and text by Rick Bloechl. Pics below.

Bodywork, paint and chassis were done by Howard Henry Customs of (Dayton?) Ohio. I saw this truck just once and loved its style. I always wondered what became of it and its builder.

I recently Googled “Howard Henry” and discovered two articles by Rick Amado in Rod & Custom and Custom Classic Trucks about Howard Henry’s 1935 Ford Pickup. Seems he retired to Nokomis, Florida (just 36 miles from me!) around 2000.

Here are links to the articles:
    Rod & Custom Magazine
    Custom Classic Trucks

I looked for information on Mr Henry in Nokomis, but found nothing.
    Does anyone have any more information about Howard Henry or any of his customs?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

What a coincidence Dave. I was looking at some photos today and came across some photos that my friend Wolf Christiansson from Sweden took when he lived in the US in the early 1990’s. And guess what was in the parking lot of the Broiler in Downey, California…

Sorry I have no info on Howard Henry at this point.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

HA! Life is funny sometimes…

Steve

Found this car in a warehouse in Salt Lake City Utah. It’s going to be sold…

Steveloyd
    Participant

I am Howard Henry’s nephew. He now lives In Cookville Tennessee. He has built some unbelievable cars in years past. We have located some and bought some back. He would like to locate his 33 Plymouth coupe, it had a wild metal flake paint, gold with red candy panels, a blown 409 Engine ,body was channeled. He is driving a all original 65 El Camino these days and still cruising

Dave Tartaglia
    Participant

Good to know he’s still at it. Thanks for the update.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.