Home Forums CCC Forum Greys Powerhouse 1939 Ford Shop Truck

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rik Hoving 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Participant
    • I was given an opportunity to become the caretaker of the Greys Powerhouse Speed Shop Truck from Simcoe Ontario Canada this spring. Currently gathering info and bits before I start my build. It was used as their actual shop truck from the time it was sectioned in 1951 until about 1960 . At this time they blew it apart and prettied itbup as a show piece . In 1962 it was stolen and was never seen again until it surfaced without drivetrain in 1985. Fast forward to 2017, the son (Mike Yanocko) of the original builder had posted on Facebook looking for a  reputable shop to “ street rod” it for him. I was the cocky jerk who blasted him for even imagining that he should change the heritage of its existence. Lol. Two years went by, Mike and I became close friends and he made it quite clear that I needed to restore this truck to honour his dad and their family legacy. So here it is , ready to come apart hopefully this winter to get a proper suit and tie..

1+

Chris
    Participant

This is the truck push start in their nitro burning dragster( first nitro car in Canada) at the Kohler Airstrip, later named Cayuga Speedway , Grey Yanocko was also one of the founders of this racetrack still functioning today as Toronto Motorsports Park!

1+

Chris
    Participant

A couple shots of their advertising , they were also Canada’s first mail order hot rod supplier!

1+

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Very Cool! I look forward to watching your progress.
    Mitch

1+

Quentin Hall
    Participant

In this instance, I am happy that you were a cocky jerk.  Good luck with the build.

2+

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thank you for posting this.

Really looking forward to see the progress on this historic Custom Pick Up.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

2+
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.