Custom Car Chronicle

Gravel shields

Home Forums CCC Forum Gravel shields

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Beatiful Bert.
    The whole style of the car is really nice, like it just rolled out of the mid 1940’s. I love the Caddy front bumper, and the caddy hubcaps combined with beauty rings… And of course the new gravel shields. Beautiful.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Very nice Bert. Can you post some more pics of you car. Maybe start a page dedicated just to it. There are so many nice details that I want to see more of. I’d like to see more of the top please. How does it locate on the header. Who built it?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Quentin,

here are some photos of the top of Bert’s Buick I took in 2007 at the A-Bombers Old Style Weekend. The car was in its early staged then, but already had the windshield chopped and Padded top created. I do not have any detail shots from insite, or know who did the top. So hopefully Bert will chime in later.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Thanks guys.
    Thomas, Old style Weekend is one of my favorites so I will most likely be there.

Quentin, I’m sure there are several ways to build a lift-off top, the pics below just shows how I made it. Since the car started life as a coupe I had to build a frame from scratch.

carson1

Then the frame was covered with a net, similar to a chicken net but with much thicker wires.

carson2

Can’t remember the name of the shop right now but this is the girl who made the final job.
    Update: Her name is Cissi and the name of the shop is “Nybro Bilekipering”. I met her a couple of years ago and I think she told me that she had her own business now, but I could be wrong here.

carson3

Quentin Hall
    Participant

That’s great Bert, I’ve gone back to idea of going convertible with mine. Initially it will be lift off hard top but I do love the flow of your roof. I’ve gone for a slightly more conservative flow ( less rear window rake ) on the metal top roof so that if and when I do a “Hall” top it will be a profile change as well .
    See we start talking bout gravel shields and end up elsewhere…… Haha

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

She did an amazing job on the top. If they are still doing the work today… please try to remember the name and place they are located. Good work always needs free advertising.

It was the top on your Buick that got my attention in 2007 at the A-Bombers. It was absolutely perfect. Thanks for the in progress photos.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.