Custom Car Chronicle

Grant's junk.

Home Forums CCC Forum Grant's junk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    GrantMaclean
    Participant

Thought I would start a new thread and just put it all in here. I’m pretty much all over the place at home so I thought it might be easier to keep track of it all in one thread.

Anyway, since my last post on here I sold my Chevy – that was a sad day, bought a 41 Ford, swapped my model A coupe for a 36 5 window and did absolutely nothing on my merc.

Saying goodbye to the Chevy.

IMG_20170603_115909_415

For some reason I Can’t add any more photos so I’ll try and sort that out.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

I’m sure that was tough. Your Chevy is really bitchin

Sounds like you have plenty righteous projects to keep you busy though!

Mild Mitch

I’m with Mitch – that Chevy is tops! Ā Had to be sad to see it go..

Now, pics of the ’41, the ’36 and the Merc would help us understand! Ā šŸ˜‰

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

GrantMaclean
    Participant

Picking up the 41.GetFileAttachment-53

Got her home.GetFileAttachment-29

As the merc currently sits. I’ll be back onto the merc shortly to fix up the roofline and fit an olds grill.

GetFileAttachment-39

GetFileAttachment-58

And the 36. Big project but reallly excited for this one. Will be a 40s styled custom. Will be chopped but unsure if i will 3 window it or not. There is no question that 3 windows look better, and i’m yet to see a 5 window chop thatĀ I love. But I think that’s the reason I want to keep it a 5 window.

GetFileAttachment-4

GetFileAttachment-5Ā  Ā Ā 

GrantMaclean
    Participant

The 41 was a good car. The body and paint work sucks but it’s solid. Too solid to cut up. But I wanted a 41 convertible and this is the only way I could afford one. Without taking on a huge project anyway, i wanted a running driving car to start with.

I took templates from a good friend’s 46 convertible not knowing that there was a differemce in the quarter panels to the 41. So that’s something that will get atttention in the near future.

GetFileAttachment-47

GetFileAttachment-19

GetFileAttachment-16

GetFileAttachment-55

GetFileAttachment-48

GetFileAttachment-37

GetFileAttachment-46GetFileAttachment-42

GetFileAttachment-26

GetFileAttachment-24

GrantMaclean
    Participant

GetFileAttachment-32

GetFileAttachment-30

GetFileAttachment-13

GetFileAttachment-21

GetFileAttachment-17

GetFileAttachment-34

GetFileAttachment-40

GetFileAttachment-23

GrantMaclean
    Participant

GetFileAttachment-33

GetFileAttachment-28

GetFileAttachment-44GetFileAttachment-36

GetFileAttachment-10

GetFileAttachment-12

GetFileAttachment-15

GetFileAttachment-11

GetFileAttachment-14

GrantMaclean
    Participant

I’m not quite happy with the shape of these. I took the measurements from original 41 long skirts but they’re not right. I’ll make another set when I get a template from a real set.

GetFileAttachment-27

Picked up some goodies for it. Flippers are from Paul ( hombresruin) and 112s are from Kevan Sledge.

GetFileAttachment-7

GetFileAttachment-49

I put the dummy spots on for now until I work out where exactly to mount the appletons.

The gray primer is just rattle can stuff for now until it’s engineered. Ā Then it will get epoxy and filler, it needs a little more hammer and dolly work and some welding needs to be finished off before then though.

GetFileAttachment-25

GetFileAttachment-20

GetFileAttachment-22

GetFileAttachment-9

This is where I’m at with it now. The car will be built in a similar way to Wally Welch’s convertible. Diferent versions as i progress with it. Eventually having molded fenders, frenched headlights, shaved parlights etc. And the bumpers will probably be put on the 36 with the Merc ones going on this car. I guess the next thing will have to be a carson top.

Doug Charter
    Participant

HiĀ  Grant…..Its a big journey…but you are nearly there….a lot of people dont realize the amount of thinking that goes on before the actual fabrication starts……great job…I wish I was a lot younger as my enthusiasm is starting to wain….my build will be my last..

The 41 looks amazingĀ  …all the cars look fabulous……..

Tony
    Participant

Holy shit, I did NOT see that coming from the pic posted a few days ago!

Fantastic work, as work, and also because it certainly does not look like a sedan with the roof cut off. Hats off to you and I look forward to more updates. You are blessed with the rare combination of ‘the eye’ and skill.

Attila the hun
    Participant

Woooow. You’ re a wizard!

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Wow, nice work!

Tinwolf
    Participant

Blown away , standing ovation , best use of a -41-48 Ford Tudor Ive seen ever …… šŸ™‚ !

Wolf

Quentin Hall
    Participant

All your projects are so right on the money. I’m so glad that you put these pics up. Already you’ll be inspiring others in their quests. I cannot wait for the day that we get together with our cars.Ā 

Torchie
    Participant

Holy shit, I did NOT see that coming from the pic posted a few days ago! Fantastic work, as work, and also because it certainly does not look like a sedan with the roof cut off. Hats off to you and I look forward to more updates. You are blessed with the rare combination of ā€˜the eyeā€™ and skill. [/quote

You got that right Tony…..:)

Amazing stuff. That wind shield frame/header is a work of art unto it’s self.

Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.