Custom Car Chronicle

Gil Ayalas 55 Tbird

Home Forums CCC Forum Gil Ayalas 55 Tbird

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bob tindale
    Participant

I see that this car is offered for sale on the Hamb at a very reasonable price and even comes with a Tbird parts car. A great way to get a piece of customizing history. listed by bubba67. I have nothing to do with the sale of this car.

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Yes… Bruce is selling this for a good price especially with a parts car. I wish I had the money to preserve this piece of history.

Justin Kudolla
    Participant

My friend Dan Cuellar resuced this car several years ago. He found it in a car port underneath an apartment building in (I believe) the San Fernando Valley. A friend of his turned him onto it. All they knew was that it was “an old car.” When Dan went over to look at it, he knew right away what it was, as he’s a big Ayala Bros. fan. The people who owned it were going to take it to the salvage yard. If it wouldn’t have been for Dan, this one would be gone. I hope someone restores it, this is one of my favorite custom T-Birds.

As an aside, in the 1960s Dan also used to own Bob Lomax’s Chevy convertible that was on the cover of Speed & Custom magazine. Photo collage courtesy Rik Hoving.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Trend Books Custom Cars Annuals
    www.trendcustomcars.com

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I really hope he will find a good buyer. And hopefully the buyer will restore it to the version with no striping. I never cared much for that out of proportion white striping on those mid 1950’s Customs. I was really happy that Pat Ganahl showed a none striped version in his Rodder’s Journal Ayala article(s).

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.