Custom Car Chronicle

(((SOLD))) Dick Jackson’s 1949 Ford Coupe (His “last” build)

Home Forums For Sale (((SOLD))) Dick Jackson’s 1949 Ford Coupe (His “last” build)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KingKustoms
    Participant

I was asked by Karen Jackson to list Dick’s last kustom build for sale. In addition to the pictures I have taken, she has shared documentation and paperwork with me that I can pass on to a potential buyer. As you know, Dick Jackson started at the Barris Kustoms shop in 1949 and had a hand in many famous kustom cars and hot rods, from the Hirohata Merc to the Emperor AMBR-winning Hot Rod, to name just a few. He also had an incredible career outside of his work at Barris, and was still going strong in his 80s. This neat little shoebox coupe has been his pride and joy for the past decade and I have had the pleasure of watching it come together while visiting Dick and Karen at their beautiful home.

Dick built this ’49 Ford coupe to pay tribute to his close friend Junior Conway’s ’50 that was done at the Barris shop in the late 1950s. Dick and Karen started with a very solid, low-mileage ’49 Ford coupe and added ’55 Chevy head lights, DeSoto grill in a molded ’50 Merc grill opening, rounded corners, molded seams, frenched tail lights, molded driprails with rounded upper door corners, molded lake pipes, ’49 Chevy license plate guards, real Appleton 552s, and beautiful candy knobs all over the dash. Dick even added one of his signature phone rests that he made for so many well-known kustoms in the ’50s.

There are a lot of other neat modifications on the car and it has a beautiful tan interior, power windows, brand new rebuilt flathead motor with dual carbs and Edelbrock heads, alternator, electric fan, rebuilt transmission, new radiator, new Coker whitewalls, and so much more! This is a freshly restored car that is very solid and done right! (I know there is more to share over the phone…)

If you are interested in the car and would like to know more, please email me at chopt50@msn.com and leave your name and number and I will call/email you and put you in touch with Karen. The car is located near Tehachapi, California and can be seen by appointment for very serious inquiries only.

SOLD!!!

(leaving this up for those who might be interested in seeing the pictures…)

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by KingKustoms.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

KingKustoms
    Participant

SOLD!

That might be a record for the time I listed a car and saw it sell. I’m happy that I could help Karen and I can assure you all that Dick’s shoebox is going to a great home, staying in Tehachapi. I will be sure to update you all with pictures! I will put a post up in the forum…stay tuned 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.