Eddie Martinez passed away

Home Forums CCC Forum Eddie Martinez passed away

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Legendary Upholsterer Eddie Martinez passed away on December 24, 2020.

Eddie Martinez was a super talented upholsterer who was perhaps best known for his super tight one each pleats interiors. Many of the famous Custom Cars and Hot Rods from the 1950’s and 1960’s were upholstered by Eddie.

RIP.

CCC-zivot-carson-style-36-ford-eddie-martinez-01

Eddie-Martinez-GNRS2013-01

Eddie-Martinez-GNRS2013-02

Eddie-Martinez-Watson-01Eddie-Martinez-Watson-02Eddie-Martinez-02

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

+3
    Tony
    Participant

Is he talking with Jack Stewart in that photo above?

I met Eddie at LARS one time. He was just sitting by himself with a small display. I figured I should take the opportunity to say hello. We had a short chat and he was a nice, interesting character.

Not many from BITD left, can’t help but feel the clock ticking.

+2
    Tinwolf
    Participant

I met him acouple of times in the ninties when I worked in Paramount , I visited him and Bill Hines which was just across the parkinglot ! Very nice guy !

RIP

+3
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Tony, I took the first picture at the 2013 GNRS where Palle was showing the Jack Stewart Ford in Bare Metal. That sure is Jack Stewart talking to Eddie. It was great meeting Eddie at that show.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

+2
    Torchie
    Participant

Another tie to the originals gone. RIP.

Torchie

+1
    David
    Participant

Never met him in person, but did have a a fun phone conversation with him years ago. A few years back Rik was working with me on photoshopping my Merc and “refining” details on the Hirohata Merc. During that process I recalled that Herb had been the one who redid and refreshed the interior on the real Hirohata, so I got to thinking maybe, just maybe the pieces of the original interior that got removed and used for templates might be hanging about Herbs shop. How cool would it be if they were there and could be had, re-sewn and installed in my Merc….A refined Hirohata with the actual original interior in it. So, found Herb’s number, rang it up and lo and behold, Herb answered. Sadly, the interior pieces were long gone, but we had a great conversation, talked about 30 minutes and he ended the call saying bring that Merc over here and lets put a brand new Hirohata interior in it. Sure would have loved to do that, but the car is a long way away from being ready for a fresh interior. LOL

Rest easy Herb! You will be missed.

+1
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.