Custom Car Chronicle

dave (rodncustomdreams) merc

Home Forums CCC Forum dave (rodncustomdreams) merc

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mike sutton
    Participant

i know some pictures have been posted already but i wanted to share some of mine. i love going to the custom car revival and this year had some added incentive. i finally got to meet dave and see his merc again! you see i knew this cars owner 30+ years ago when he was a member of the kustom knights car club in new jersey. one weekend the club got together and chopped this car and i haven’t seen it in 25+ years. i knew dave had the car and he and i have talked on the internet for a couple of years but living in different countries we had never met. so let me say, dave it was great finally meeting you and i really enjoyed our time talking. the car looks better than it ever did and the fact that you DROVE it all the way there and back just makes you and the car that much cooler! i hope the show was everything i talked it up to be.

mike sutton
    Participant

mike sutton
    Participant

and with the sam barris buick

and with a beautiful clarkeiser built t-bird

Tom Kelly
    Participant

It is a really beautiful Merc Dave. Thanks for sharing your photos Mike.

Has the car been featured by a magazine yet? No offense towards everyone’s private photos but I’ve been really hanging to see some pro/staged shots of this coupe.

Mike!  Thank you for the very kind words.  I enjoyed all our visiting time together as, I too looked forward to meeting you after the various conversations back and forth.  The show was all it was hyped to be and the custom car folks were the nicest people one could hope to meet.  I thought driving the car was just common practice – after all Danny drove his Chevy all the way from East L.A.!  The car ran like a champ the whole trip with the only issue being a lost nut on the licence bracket hold-down bolt!  That is until we were home a few days and the Merc decided it didn’t like the rear shock and unceremoniously ejected it..!

No magazine feature Tom.  Perhaps a pic or two will show in some CCR coverage.  I guess a rebuild thread right here is in order – I’m just a bit lazy when it comes to resizing the multitude of images taken to document the work..  Perhaps if I stretch the story out over the summer..?

Hope things are on the upswing for you Mike!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Absolutely amazing car… and yes it needs to be featured in a magazine, with some very nice professional taken photos. I agree with you on that Tom.

Here are some photos DrDave took at the CCR

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

mark wojcik
    Participant

I knew Al from the Knights, as well, and you’ve done a superb job on his old car. Improved it, and made it your own. Kudos to you!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

This is one of my all-time favorites, ever, Dave.  It is custom in every sense.  So beautifully formed and proportioned, with just the right trim to point up the “sculpture”.   “Period perfect” only begins to introduce the tasteful interior, the skirts, tires, wheels, and discs.  The deep, deep brown metallic paint is the crowning touch to me.  That, and the thousand testimonials of bugs that this is a “driver”.  Can’t get enough of images of this car.  Thanks to all for sharing.

Thanks for the “props” everyone!  This rebuild was truly a community effort as I am saddled with pretty good ideas and no talent!  I am proud to say that every person who contributed to bringing my vision to life is a friend – otherwise it likely would not have happened.  Those of you who were at CCR met Cam Hill, who fearlessly rode “shotgun” with me on the trip, should know that he was the wiring guru and main push to get things done toward the end.  Thanks Cam!

Terrific pics everyone!

Dave

p.s.  Rik has contacted me with further incentive to do a story, so, although it may be lengthy, both in words, pictures and time, we’ll give it a go!

p.p.s.  Thanks too to the Kustom Knights and Al Sinclair for creating a real classic custom back at a time when customs were perhaps not so popular (especially traditional ones) making it much easier to envision from that building-block  the cool Merc I own today.

Jus' creepin' along..

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Tom Davison has given me permission to post up a few photos from the custom car revival.

They’re amazing photos and do the car some justice. Some of you guys have probably seen them on the other site.

I’m looking forward on your write up too Dave.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    mike sutton
    Participant

“do the car some justice” wow, i guess everybody else’s pictured sucked?

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Sorry if I offended you Mike. I didn’t mean it like that, bad choice of words.

I just wanted to share some truly exquisite photos of an exquisite motor car.

I only know how to point and shoot from shoulder height, Tom’s photos show the car in a whole other dimension.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Very nice photos, thanks for posting!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.