Custom Car Chronicle

Customs in motion pictures

Home Forums CCC Forum Customs in motion pictures

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Quentin Hall
    Participant

Pure coincidence? That you spent the afternoon making popcorn. . .ironing your Rydell high cheerleaders uniform and googling all the lyrics. Grease is the word. . . I mean “mums”the word.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Some really good stuff in the movie Johnny Dark from 1954, it features the Bohman special, the Chuck Tatum special, the Kurtis Kraft, the Glasspar G2, the Grantham Stardust, the Irwin Lancer, the Victress and the woodwill Wildfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7mvoB4b2iI

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Don’t get me wrong, I love rebel without a cause and the merc is great but I feel they should of put Jim Stark in a chopped merc to fit the rebel image. I think Natalie Wood would of approved.

Jeff Neppl
    Participant

Its kind of cool to see the merc in Heart like a Wheel.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

In the Movie Speed from 1936 there is a very streamlined car, the Falcon, possibly influenced by this amazing mid thirties Chrysler model.

streamline1

The Falcon.

streamline2

I have not been able to find it online but here is a trailer, would love to see it in whole.

Speed-Original-Trailer

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Wow! Take the fin off the Chrysler model and it is one beautiful Custom.

Tinwolf
    Participant

Here is a compressed version of the Phanthom Corsair flick , quite silly driving but what a fantastic dealership showroom .
    I think the Phantom Corsair is mother of all customs , streamline design at its best :

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Ford Rotunda Custom Car and Hot Rod Show 1956.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

KingKustoms
    Participant

Thanks Ian, very nice. I’m just surprised they let the actor climb up on the roof for the fight. And of course the “High School Confidential” <iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qpb5OvJc_Fk?feature=oembed&#8221; width=”500″ height=”375″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

They sure smashed up those cars in that movie. Thanks for the clip! I have never been able to find a copy of it that wasn’t super expensive. It looks like the Barris-chopped Chevy actually flipping over never made it into the actual movie??? I know the Barris book says they had trouble flipping it in that movie scene and it only happened after they rigged a cannon to shoot out from the bottom of the car, urging it to flip.

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Saw this on FB yesterday. Ford Cougar concept from the 1963 movie Under the Yum Yum Tree.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Great… Thanks Bert.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

That’s Wonderful!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Kustom Cars in Niles CA parade.

Very neat late 50’s video of some Joe Bailon and other Customs.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

A custom 1941 Cadillac in this 1945 movie.

klipp

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Book of love, very nice 51 Mercury custom.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.