Custom Car Chronicle

Custom Cars in Progress Random photos

Home Forums CCC Forum Custom Cars in Progress Random photos

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 834 total)
  • Author
    Quentin Hall
    Participant

I can’t believe how quickly the De Lays create these full bodied roadsters. This one is the best so far. All the others had niggly details.  I like the bolder windshield frame and especially the belt line transition detail at the door to rear fender. I’d like to see the roof fuller and meeting at the b pillar.  At least there is no chromed disabled grab handle on the side.

Kevan also seems to be knocking the Mercs out. Kevan has perfected that roofline. I think there might be enough hardtopped versions out there now.

I’d like to see a 39 40 Merc with a Dick Fowler style roof chop with a full b pillar. Probably cos my mate has just bought a 39 Merc sedan that we might have to do a coupe conversion on.  Maybe a 3 window might be good too.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Agreed Quentin.
    I especially like the razor sharp front fenders, and details as the location of the hood lines etc.

The ’39 Merc Coupe with Sedan doors…. sound like a great plan.

Here is one Janne Kutja did some time ago.

I did a Digital version of a three window a long time ago.. but it was just a sketch.. not very good. But it sure is something that could look very good with the right touches. I think I would like a 5 window coupe the best, but with a but more coupe shaped top, like you said, as the Dick Fowler coupe done by Barris. Perhaps a mix between what Janne did on his design and the Fowler coupe… very interesting!

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

East Bay Speed & Custom 1936 Ford Roadster project progress.

More progress on the ’37 LaSalle Cole Foster is working on.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Glass work by Tim Norman on the recreation of Madam FiFi

null

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Some more progress on the 1940 Cadillac Justin Gajefski‎ is working on.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Cole Foster is almost done with the metal work on the LaSalle Top Chop.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

We have shared pictures of an beautiful Maroon 1939 Mercury that Jani Huhtamäki from Finland has restyled here on the CCC some time ago. Jani is at it again with another ’39 Mercury.
    Here are some photos of some repair work done to his latest ’39 Mercury Custom Project.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Neat slantback ’36 Ford Sedan Custom Project.. I think its for sale as well.
    Share by Tom Matthew.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Manuel Reyes send us some progress photos of his beautiful ’36 Ford Coupe project.
    Manuel mentioned that he had just send out the bumpers to the chrome shop, and that the Firestone
    Bias Ply whitewall tires came in yesterday. Everything is looking very good for a debut at the 2018 GNRS in Pomona.
    Really looking forward to see this one finished. The paint and other finish work is looking absolutely stunning.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Beautiful!!!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

YES!

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Awesome to see Manuel getting his car together. The pictures do not do the colour justice it really pops in person.

David Conrad
    Participant

Just right!

Oh my!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Wow!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 834 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.