Custom Car Chronicle

Custom car videos

Home Forums CCC Forum Custom car videos

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Tinwolf
    Participant
    kustomland
    Participant

Wolf …… I like Diana Dors….! More than the doors on the Delahaye….!

LOL hahah

That Video of Cole Foster was a nice upload…….. Very true…..A lot of kustom cars build and still in people garages in SALINAS , At the end of my street In north main street, There was a guy who had a well known 34 ford 3 windo that was purple and built during ww2. The guy had all his fathers custom cars, In 2008 he lost all the cars to a personal habit…. But he got well just before people could scam the rare 34 out of him.   Then when he got back on the good side of the tracks he was able to buy back one of the hot rods……

The RODDERS JOURNAL  did a photo shoot of it one after noon……

There was also some very well know interior guys down from SALINAS in the next county of Chualar….. The building the guy worked from is still standing but boarded up….He was known for interiors, But I can not remember his name….

Not to mention Andy Southard is from SALINAS and he has photographed every car ever built….!!!!

Salinas always had nice customs and there was the long running SLOW-POKES Car show every year at Monterey indoors…..Lots of amazing customs would be there……..

Good to see Cole Foster back on top doing what he loves best…..!!! In Salinas………

To bad they canned the car show in SALINAS / Monterey every year that called Cherry’s Jubilee…!! That was a awesome week end….

As for the DEAD END DAM CRUZ that looked pretty nice to go to also……….

Thanks for the upload Wolf…

KUSTOMLAND

Tinwolf
    Participant

Hi Kustomland !

Thanks for the appreciation , praise goes to the makers of the flicks .

Both Diana and the Delahaye being bombshells and the music , yum …..I loved it !

The Cole Foster flick is great inspiration , seeing Cole driving the low -41 Buick is mindboggling , it looks easy

but we all know its not easy creating such gem …

The DamRunCruise flick by DeadEnd guys and the music is hypnotic , I need to cut down on watching that thing , slowmotion sequences , -37 Cadillac coupe , -36 Buick coupe , -36 LaSalle , -38 Lincoln Zephyr 3w , -41 Buick Super coupe , -38 Ford , -35 Ford Roadster and the list goes on and on and ………… argggggggg , can’t stop drooling while dreaming custom custom custom …… lol !

Wolf

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Kurt McCormick Buddy Alcorn Merc and Sam Barris Buick on YOUTUBE.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tinwolf
    Participant

This one been out since 2010 , missed it completely … Glenn Johnsons 37 Ford

Wolf

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Hey Wolf, I just showed Sherril that video and she said “It reminds me of a car that would be in a Loony Toons cartoon. “

I got a bit defensive at first before I realised she is right. The cartoonists were switched on young artists and knew how to stylise architecture and autos.

Tinwolf
    Participant

To try to explain kustoms to persons that is not into kustoms is a losing game , I admit this one is not mainstream trad kustom but I see the beauty in it and maybe thats it , this is not for everyone but for those that likes it its bliss , I know it makes me happy seeing kustoms planned , dreamed about , finding those intricat parts , new built or restored , tinkerd with and stored for a sunny day taking it for a spin , for us that is into kustoms – “CCC” is the beehive !

Glenn Johnson 37 Ford

Tinwolf
    Participant
    Tony
    Participant

The front of the Diana Dors car is ugly.

I don’t care who built it or what the context is.

Westergard did one with an overhanging beak like the prow of a ship as well.

Tinwolf
    Participant
    Tinwolf
    Participant

The front of the Diana Dors car is ugly. I don’t care who built it or what the context is. Westergard did one with an overhanging beak like the prow of a ship as well.

So you are saying it will take a while longer for you to see the beauty , an american saying: “the beauty is in the eye of the beholder” , which means beauty doesn’t exist on its own but is created by observers . I can admit it is a process and not a easy like but efter ogling kustom cars and coachbuilt cars for fourty years my preception of whats beautyful has widened much like music that grows after listening some more on it .

Today I found a newly posted youtube flick about the Hirohata Merc (cleary an easy kustom to love) and also a great history lesson on how the customcar era evolved !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKrgfQIGjcY

bob tindale
    Participant

I try to appreciate all Kustoms but must admit I like some more than others. The problem today is what is acceptable has become very regimented.  Tinwolf thanks for posting

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Great video, thanks for posting Wolf!

And here is part II:

Tony
    Participant

So you are saying it will take a while longer for you to see the beauty , an american saying: “the beauty is in the eye of the beholder”

I’ve seen that car many times over the years and the front never gets any better looking.

As far as ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ this is usually a sarcastic comment to soften the crime of making something ugly. It means ‘at least one person could could like it.’  Similar to ‘a face only a mother could love.’

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Part III of the Hirohata story.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.