Custom Car Chronicle

Creating a KREEP..

Home Forums CCC Forum Creating a KREEP..

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 222 total)
  • Author
    bob tindale
    Participant

Enjoyed the ‘journey’. Congrads on a job well done.

Thanks all!  Rest assured I am watching and enjoying you and your projects as well!  As Rik reminds us “Enjoy the Beauty of Customizing”!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

David
    Participant

Thanks for taking us along Dave! I sure enjoyed it! I guess I’d forgotten that you just finished the car before you headed off on the trip to Indy. Love it!!

Kyle Connole
    Participant

It’s been a while since I checked in on this thread.  What a great transformation!  The color choice is fantastic.

Good tip on the O-ring adhesive.  I’ve been looking for a method of glueing rubber together that I like for a while now to no avail.  Hopefully this will work out for me.  You wouldn’t happen to have any more info on the adhesive would you?

Tony
    Participant

Ditto.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Great stuff Dave really loved following all this.  And as Kyle requested any further info on the o-ring adhesive would be much appreciated.

Hi guys,

The adhesive recommended to me by a friend who uses the stuff extensively in his manufacturing was Permatex ZipGrip.  I purchase a small tube and that was more than enough to do what I needed, plus I passed the tube on to a buddy for his project and I have more than half a tube left yet!  I had heard that Permatex was purchased by Loctite?  I think any store that has a good selection of automotive adhesives should have the O-ring stuff.  It really works and a little goes a long, long way!!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Some magazines are just now starting to display coverage of the Custom Car Revival which brings back great memories of the trip and the show.  We encountered very little inclement weather on the 1,500 mile trip to Indy, but we must have murdered a bazillion bugs!  The show was terrific and it was super cool to meet many of you from the forum as well as fellas I had read about for years and years.  A recommended show for sure!

IMG_4038 copy

An added (and unexpected) bonus to the trip was having the car selected for an award by the guys at Old Stillwater Garage!  When talking to them after the presentations and learning they were from New Jersey; I had to ask..  Did they know of the Kustom Knights?  Well, being custom car guys, they were past members (the club has disbanded I believe) and knew of former member Al Sinclair.  They were blown away when they heard we had brought Al’s old Merc to the show and they had just given it their award not knowing it’s club and Jersey past!!  I felt honoured that they chose the ’41 without knowing it’s past connections..

Here’s Cam and I with the Merc’s award the moment we arrived back home after a harrowing drive through wicked cross-winds.

Thanks to the boys from Old Stillwater!  And thanks to everyone involved with CCR!

IMG_20170613_124203964_HDR copy

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Larry Pointer
    Participant

WOW!  I just don’t believe in coinkydinks.  Got a chill up the neck when I read this note.  Most fitting “ice cream on the fresh wedge cut pie”.  What an epilogue chapter to your excellent adventure, Dave.  Thanks for taking the CCC along for the ride, bugs and all.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Congrats to a well deserved award!

David Conrad
    Participant

It is a well deserved award for one of the few very early customs at that great custom show. I’ve been there 4 times and would not  miss it for anything.  It’s been fun following your build. It’s a shame a lot of early customs were left to rot  or turned into street rods. You did a GREAT job restoring cool looking custom.

Again, thanks fellas!  Dave, we didn’t chat long, but that car of yours..  every time I see it I fall in love all over again – and to see it in person ..wow!  Everyone at CCR was as nice and friendly as one could possibly expect.  Such fun..!

IMG_3936 copy

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

David Conrad
    Participant

Thank you, I hope to see you and that wonderful Mercury  next year at Indy.

David
    Participant

Make that about TWO bazillion bugs…. 😀

IMG_9100

Make that about TWO bazillion bugs…. ?

Ha, ha!  S’funny, but we knocked off a way fewer coming home..  They must not like the wind!!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 222 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.