Custom Car Chronicle

Prestons Model A boattail roadster.

Home Forums CCC Forum Prestons Model A boattail roadster.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Larry Pointer
    Participant

Wishin you, and all at CCC, happy Father’s Day.  Preston has to be so proud of what you are doing with the Model A sportser.  May not say much to you right now, Quentin, but he surely is taken with what you are doing.  Memo also is passing it on; has grandchildren following in his big steps.  Cheers!

Quentin Hall
    Participant

P1000879_1On Friday I rolled up the lh doorskin. Also rolled the top edge over. Sitting on the cutdown 1950 Morris Minor seat with an arm on the door feels just right.

Paul picked me up and we went to his mate’s place and picked up two cars worth of model A front and rear springs and rear members. I also have a couple sets of model T rear springs. I’m learning from a couple of my mates who have been doing the hot rod thing whilst I was doing the Cadillac thing for years.

Find of the week is the model A chassis stairstringers. 1758_1497594824114

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Hmmmm.  Now there’s a way clear to stretch that frame out and make a home for that Packard or Cad powerplant!  They won’t miss those stairs, after the first step out the door.

Tony
    Participant

Bloody hell, that’s a good one!

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Happy Fathers day!
    So that’s where surplus A frames went!
    I have one and need stairs in the shop.
    The roadster looks great. I too prefer model T rear springs under hot rods. They tend to ride better, and the shape is so much more graceful. If a spring can be graceful. At least I think they look better than A’s.
    Mitch

Larry Pointer
    Participant

All That Jazz, Tony:  “One O’Clock Jump” to “The St. James Infirmary”.

Torchie
    Participant

Interesting resourcing. 🙂

Torchie

Quentin Hall
    Participant

I’m tempted to keep this really simple. But I’ll probably change my mind next week and make a parade boot.

Behind the seats will have a full panel that will have an access door to the trunk. Trunk space is very limited. So why have an operational trunk lid? The V in to middle is the remainder of the original Holden cowl line. P1000881P1000880

Torchie
    Participant

SIMPLE…..LOL

🙂

Torchie

Quentin Hall
    Participant

How did I forget this one?

IMG_0258IMG_0260IMG_0261

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Tony
    Participant

I saw this the other day, and it is better in real life!

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Thanks Tony. It was good to catch up and good to see that you approve. This one has fallen together almost organically. Still a long way to go but the essence is there now. Gotta go to Perth for a couple of weeks so no more immediate progress.

I did weld up the bum and sides since these pics were taken.

I know it’s arrogant but the bum is even more shapely and curvaceous than the Tommy Lee special.

Oh and I decided on a opening of piece trunk lid. Hinges are next consideration.P1000889P1000888P1000887P1000886P1000885

Torchie
    Participant

🙂  🙂  🙂

Torchie

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Blocked toilet drain at home yesterday. I just about killed myself digging and pushing the spring eel up the pipe. It fought me for 9hrs and right when I was ready to give up Wwwwwhhhhhooooosh!! . . . Then promptly filled the pit I’d dug with poo soup and blocked the other end . . . So I had to spend another hour to replicate the satisfaction of the first release. Short of seeing the birth of my children, popping an old girlfriends back blackhead pimple and perhaps seeing Neil Armstrong walk on the moon on a black and white telly at age 4, this was incredibly satisfying and rewarding. Not only that, I saved about $1600 plumber’s extortion fees.

…..Where was I? So I briefly visited the shed to pick up some tools at 1pm and Ol’ Pete next door calls out from his dilapidated shed which is directly 30m above the retaining wall from my shed door. He calls out. . . . ” looky what I just found” . . . .?

He’s pulled out a 36 Cadillac grille and a 38 Buick grille. Both cars he owned and wrecked long ago when they were worthless scrap.

Been dreaming all night about grilles and drains. Oh and another mate sent me this pic of his tether car.IMG_0283IMG_0278

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.