Custom Car Chronicle

Prestons Model A boattail roadster.

Home Forums CCC Forum Prestons Model A boattail roadster.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 173 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

popping an old girlfriends back blackhead pimple

Ah, cheap fun.

That is a nice tether car! You know they still race those at Minippi Park at Carina? There’s a tether track there, near where the guys fly the R/C aircraft.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

I may have to rethink the Packard grill. A little Bill Mitchell magicP1000909 just blew my mind.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Yes please…. I like that a lot.

Then the Packard grille can be saved for a future Custom Car project 🙂

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Tony
    Participant

just blew my mind.

I hope you had a tissue.

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Now, you’re onto something good, Quentin!  The 38 Buick grille, that is.  Really a slip-stream look for the prow of that boattail skow.  Loving being able to watch the thought processes and the fabrication.

Torchie
    Participant

Yes please…. I like that a lot. Then the Packard grille can be saved for a future Custom Car project ?

^^^ X’s 2 ^^^^^

Torchie

Quentin Hall
    Participant

So after a couple of weeks away in Perth, I’m back in town.

Ever since I saw the Buick grille I’ve been thinking how to get it off my mate Peter. He always has a secret project that he needs these bits for. .

We’ll my other mate also named Peter just went out to a farm and brought me back this present. The broken bit will be just right for the cut and shut it requires anyhow. Better than winning lotto.P1000991

Quentin Hall
    Participant

P1000992

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Too much fun!  Welcome back, Quentin.  Just noticed the tabs on the hood side vents mimic the horizontal bars in the grille.  I’m imagining sputters from a con-trail  in a slip-stream behind that impressive, no-nonsense nose.  ‘Course,I imagine lots of things.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That will work for sure… I rally like the look of it.
    Very exciting.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

That will work for sure… I rally like the look of it.
    Very exciting.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Cut the lh grille and evened it up and it suits perfect. Now I have to decide if the 28 cowl with it’s tapered waist is the look ( which will require narrowing the grille) or shooting the Buick grill bonnet line straight back to the door for a more streamlined slab sided andP1000993P1000994_1 wider cowl. I have to look at it for a few more days to decide.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Moved up the Model A cowl line so it is now level with the bottom of the hood.

And did a very quick… fade away line of the Buick hood line… I like this option the best.. and most likely the line should be shaped like a 53 Buick side trim, going all the way to the bottom of the body, which would allow for a very nice two tone paint job… or the line could be used as a belt-line all the way to the back of the car.
    I do like the winder grille… give the car a more aggressive, more powerful look I think.

1952B3b23

I haven’t checked in in awhile, great progress Q. The grille looks great!

-Chris

"The devils in the details"

Torchie
    Participant

Love the fade away line that matches the Buick hood. 🙂

It really ties it all together Quentin.

Torchie

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 173 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.