Custom Car Chronicle

NEW Custom Car Chronicle SHIRTS

Home Forums CCC Forum NEW Custom Car Chronicle SHIRTS

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    bob tindale
    Participant

I don’t want to prolong this issue . I have bought many many items from U. S. companies [Diamondback, Summit, Speedway etc.] and the items probably were manufactured offshore and have never been charged duty.If the value exceded $100.00 I probably would have been charged tax [ but not always ] . I have even bought items from Rik in Holland and was not charged duty or sales tax. Yes Ian the $8.00 shipping should have made me aware. The problem is that Spreadshirt is using a third party vulture to do their shipping. However the 4 shirts I received are great and I do not regret purchasing them.I also hope that people do not let this discourage them from supporting this site. The designs are great and Rik put a lot of work into them. When the 49/51 Merc. design comes out I will probably be ordering one. Kustoms Forever.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

My point was simply most of what they are collecting is what they are legally obligated to collect. Yes many companies don’t do that but it doesn’t make the ones that do vultures.

KingKustoms
    Participant

I have a large Tshirt and just got my XL sweatshirt…they are very nice quality and have a great look and feel to them! I will say that if you are like me and tend to fit between a Large and XL, get an XL. They run a tad small. If you normally have room in a Large, then you will be fine getting a Large.

I’ll post pics soon 🙂

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Thanks for the update Rik.

Sadly, I cannot afford to buy $40.00 Tees, ‘tho this will not prevent me from continuing to support CCC in other ways monetarily.

Ian, I get what you are saying regarding collection obligations, and I agree; but there are shipping companies that take things to extremes (the big brown trucks are just one example of highly exorbitant brokerage fees to Canada – others seem to manage with more reasonable brokerage). Taxes are another matter of course, and there is no (nor should there be) any way around those if applicable…

Glad to hear everyone who has a shirt(s) likes them! Maybe I can talk to some friends with U.S. shipping addresses… Hmmm.

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Thanks for the update Rik.

Sadly, I cannot afford to buy $40.00 Tees, ‘tho this will not prevent me from continuing to support CCC in other ways monetarily.

Ian, I get what you are saying regarding collection obligations, and I agree; but there are shipping companies that take things to extremes (the big brown trucks are just one example of highly exorbitant brokerage fees to Canada – others seem to manage with more reasonable brokerage). Taxes are another matter of course, and there is no (nor should there be) any way around those if applicable…

Glad to hear everyone who has a shirt(s) likes them! Maybe I can talk to some friends with U.S. shipping addresses… Hmmm.

Dave

Funny you mention the big brown truck as they just bent me over for $50 brokerage on my laptop coming back from being serviced at my company in the U.S. Now if you want to call a company vultures or crooks they are at the top of the heap.

I would be interested to see what Bob actually got charged for, my guess about the majority of it being duty and taxes is based on my previous dealings with apparel companies from outside the country who have always used brokers to ship and the majority of the costs have been the required gov’t fees. If it’s not and just an exorbitant brokerage fee maybe it would be cheaper for a few of us to pool together to order shirts and split the costs.

David Wolk
    Participant

I ordered 3 t-shirts today. I look forward to receiving them. I like the number of options. Thanks Rik

bob tindale
    Participant

Ian… $85.96 U.S. order [ includes $8.00 shipping] Donnelley Logistics $17.61 duty ; $15.76 tax and $7.25 handling to Brantford Ontario. This is my last post on this issue

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thank you all for ordering Shirts, sorry about the Canadian Shipping issues, and for those who have not yet ordered a shirt.

Last Chance for FREE SHIPPING is today September 21st, 2016.

When checking out, use the CODE: SUNSET16

After today the Shirt shop will of course remain open, and I will be adding new designs from time to time. But the free shipping action will be over.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Brendan Cochrane received his shirt in Australia.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I did a few more Shirt designs and added them to the CCC-Shirt-Shop.

Great thing is that SPREADSHIRT has another good deal going. This time 15% off from September 27th, till October 4th, 2016.

Use Coupon Code SAVE15NOW when checking out (on the top right corner of your online-order-form) and 15% will be taken off the total product price.

New Shirt Designs are:
    – Marcia Campbell’s 1942 Ford Coupe
    – Ayala Louis Bettancourt Mercury
    – Spotlight
    (all designs come in a few variations)

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Bob Drake’s daughter left a note at a picture Palle shared of a CCC shirt he had recieved. It was a shirt with the Jack Stewart Ford and the CCC Logo. She wondered where she could order a couple for here father.
    (Bob Drake is guy from Indiana, who rescued the Jack Stewart 1941 Ford back in the mid 1950’s and restored it to his version in 1972)
    I had then just uploaded a variation on this shirt with the Jack Stewart Ford and the name Jack Stewart on the wall behind it, just like the 1951 show photo of the car. Since Bob had owned the car longer than anybody else I figured I could better make a T-Shirt with Bob’s name on it as well. I knew he is still wearing the shirt Palle made for him for the Bare metal display of the Jack Stewart Ford at the 2013 GNRS. Bob’s wife was in on it as well.. she loved the idea, and requested the print to be all white, instead of the metallic gold and white of the original Jack Stewart version….

Looking forward to see Bob wear his new shirt.

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Nice designs Rik, you’ve now tempted me to order a second set!
    My order arrived today. They’re nice quality shirts, crisp printing. I’m impressed.

Thanks for putting this together. I’m going to be the coolest guy on the streets of Macclesfield with these CCC shirts!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks Tom, glad you like them.

Here is our imaginary T-Shirt Delivery Truck…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

I have just opened up a NEW EU Shirt Shop. Basically the same as the original one, but this shop is based in the Europe, and the shirts are produced in Germany. The shirts and the printing are the same quality (shirts have European sizes, prices are in Euro’s). Since these shirts from this EU shop are being produced and shipped in the EU, there will be NO extra import tax for those who order from an EU country.

The Original shop in the US, will serve the US, and every other country outside the EU. Sometimes some extra import fees might be added to the shirts upon entering other countries.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Howard Gribble snapped a photo of our man Memo Ortega wearing on of the CCC-Shirts at the Legends Car Show.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.