Custom Car Chronicle

NEW Custom Car Chronicle SHIRTS

Home Forums CCC Forum NEW Custom Car Chronicle SHIRTS

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Sadly its not a glitch, but rather the supply the printer has.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Hey it’s still a way bigger selection of choices than I have seen before for car shirts a few missing sizes is not a big deal! Very reasonable pricing as well. My only problem now is deciding what I want.

Dean Miller
    Participant

Ordered a couple maybe next batch we will See a 49-51 Merc?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thank you Dean.

Yes… one, perhaps more 49-51 Mercs are in the to do file, along with several others.

bob tindale
    Participant

Got mine ordered and yes a 51 Merc. would be a great design in the future.

Manuel Reyes
    Participant

Hi Rik,
    Just happened to view your site before calling it a night and saw that the shirts are ready to order.
    Ordered right away so I could be the first kid on my block to have one.
    Hope it comes in time so I can wear it to the annual Outriders picnic.
    I ordered design A with blue grey shirt. Way kool.
    Good job Rik.

Manuel Reyes

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks guys… I have created a few more designs… When I have more time I will do the next batch, which will include a ’49-51 Mercury as well as a few other ideas I have.

Dean Miller
    Participant

Got mine today just in time for Goodguys this weekend!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thats great Dean.

Please take a picture if you can, would appreciate that.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

SPREADSHIRT the system I use for these shirts is offering FREE Standard Shipping from Sept 13 till 21th, 2016.

So all CCC-Shirt orders place from September 13 till 21, 2016 will be shipped for free.

Please use this code when ordering: SUNSET16

CCC-SHIRT-SHOP

bob tindale
    Participant

Its great that U.S. customers get free shipping but I received my shirts today and got a $40.62 Canadian surprise. I elected International Standard shipping which has always ment regular USPS and if the amount is less than $100. the package is left at the door and no additional charges. Some how a company called Donnelley Logistics got involved and I had to pay an additional fee.Bottom line is with exchange on the money and this unexpected additional charge I’ve spent $38 for each shirt. The shirts are very nice but at this price I doubt if I’ll order more. Ebay does this on some [ not all items] but tells you upfront so you can decide whether its worth the cost or not.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Actually the free shipping is World-Wide… but right now that does not help you Bob.

I’m really sorry about this. I will look into it, and get back to you.

Rik, were you able to discover the issue with Bob’s shipping costs? Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens more often than you would hope with items shipped U.S. to Canada. We seem to be viewed by shippers as having endless amounts of cash.. I am always wary of any order coming from outside our borders (particularly when it involves “couriers”). When Bob mentioned requesting regular USPS shipping I thought “that’s the way to do it”! Surprising that someone else managed to get involved.. Interested in hearing their explanation.

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hello Dave,

The way it looks is that Spreadshirt, the company that actually produces the shirts in the US uses another company (donnelley in the case of Bob) for the shipping and handling to Canada. It appears that this shipping company, charges more than needed, and wanted for their services, and also charges taxes, where no taxes are officially needed to be payed for. I emailed Spreadshirt about this, but all they mentioned basically is that they do mention on their order form, and terms that there can be extra cost due to taxes for other country their product will be shipped to.

I think Canada has a special… in a bad way, position when it comes to shipping from the US, and it seams to me that there are companies like Donnelley who take advantages from the situation.

I do not think I can do much about it at this moment. Especially since I do not do the shipping from here in the Netherlands, there is no way to mark the content as a “gift” which might solve the problem. I do understand that a business as Spreadshirt needs to ship their product was actual value. So far I have only heard about Bob having had this problem, there have been several Canadian orders, so hopefully this was an “exception” for the shirt orders.

Ian Gibbons
    Participant

Rik, were you able to discover the issue with Bob’s shipping costs? Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens more often than you would hope with items shipped U.S. to Canada. We seem to be viewed by shippers as having endless amounts of cash.. I am always wary of any order coming from outside our borders (particularly when it involves “couriers”). When Bob mentioned requesting regular USPS shipping I thought “that’s the way to do it”! Surprising that someone else managed to get involved.. Interested in hearing their explanation.

Dave

Dave/Rik the problem is Bob assumed it was USPS it does not state that as a fact on the site and it clearly isn’t. As soon as I saw the shipping prices on the shirts, $8.00 to Canada for 3 shirts, I knew something had to be up because there is no way you can get anything shipped from the U.S for $8.00. Also if the shirts are not manufactured in a NAFTA country (which they probably are not) the duty on those coming into Canada is about 24%. I am not sure how many shirts Bob bought or where he lives but if you shipped 3 shirts to Saskatchewan there would be $27.62 of duty and taxes added on even without any brokerage/handling fees added. The shirt company is clearly using a brokerage company to get stuff across the border so it is a given that all the applicable taxes and duties will have to be paid. When something is too good to be true ($8.00 shipping) it probably isn’t the whole story.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.