Custom Car Chronicle

Klas Wingren 1939 Period Perfect Mercury

Home Forums CCC Forum Klas Wingren 1939 Period Perfect Mercury

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Klas Wingren from the Hammers Car Club in Sweden is building an absolutely stunning looking period Perfect 1939 Mercury.

I have been gathering some photos of the built… Clas is not much on the internet, so photos of the car are scares. I will add more if I get them.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Wow!

Torchie
    Participant

Wow!

Wow indeed.

Mild Mitch
    Participant

Yes!
    Incredible!
    The metal work is unreal. Absolutely beautiful Car.

I can asure you that this car is absolutley stunning in every detail and will be one of the nicest Mercurys ever.The metal work and the padded top left nothing to say and everything is made in that two car garage.

KingKustoms
    Participant

Wow…wow…wow…perfect top on this one. I really like the little details that aren’t immediately obvious- molded fenders, rounded bottom corners on the skirts, clean metalwork on the floor for tire and frame clearance, and later gas door and molded rear valance. The ’40 Merc tail lights really work well on this car, too.

Who did that incredible Carson-style top???

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

“Who did that incredible Carson-style top???”

The frame work for the top is made by Claes and he had some help from a lokal upholsterer  to make the padding and canvas.Bare in mind that it´s their first attempt on a padded top.

Tom Nielsen
    Participant

Now that’s what I like!  The later rear gravel shield looks right at home on a ’39-40 Merc.  I like the old style antenna on the driver’s side.  Great body work and presentation.

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Every element is wonderful.  I hope there might be more photos of the Carson style top in progress.

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

It’s a fabulous custom, can’t wait to see it finished. Klas once told me that it use to belong to swedens most famous speedway racer who used it to drive to the races with his speedway bike in the trunk, if I remeber correctly. So it has an interesting history too.

Wow, nice!  I noticed that top right away and thought – “perfect”; first time you say??  Wow again!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Harley Peters
    Participant

doe’s anyone know how much this is chopped? it looks so right.

Tom Kelly
    Participant

Any more news on this one Rik?

Paul(hombres ruin)
    Participant

Truly beautiful.. the padded top and stance is amazing

Respect tradition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.