Custom Car Chronicle

Barry Mazza 1946 Ford Custom Project

Home Forums CCC Forum Barry Mazza 1946 Ford Custom Project

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Well….shes a running moving FORD…ALL wired except for lights..but I have no lights YET. Now back to body…front fenders.

Onward with the front fender install..due to 6″ channel parts will need to be altered to fit.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Tearing apart the front fenders and panels…S.O.B. of a job with this factory glue….now find someone to strip it all.

Tinwolf
    Participant

How about dry ice blasting , I have not used it myself but it looks pretty nifty for soft stuff that doesn’t blast off with regular blasting :

Dry ice blasting companys on the east coast:

Blast Cleaning Directory USA

Wolf

Tinwolf
    Participant

Palle kindy let me post these before and after shots of the restoration of the Jack Steward Ford that looks like it had several cans of tar smeared on the floorboard ! A ridicules amount of work saved !
    Thanks Palle for the pictures !
    Wolf

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks for those Wolf.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry….
    Using labor intense (DUH) methods of removal….its just too much.
    My local blaster more interested in telling me..”I GET $150/HR”..instead of results.I don’t trust him….so now I got find another mehod/place but…some one who has tried and has results.

Well….Absolutely not fun..but…using mapp gas…cleaned it off…now go over it with Walmart Elcheapo strip wheel.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Now it hits me..why 99% of channeled Fords back in the day had raised front fenders and sectioned hoods.
    The front of the frame and rad support will need dropped six inches..I guess they wanted to avoid that.???

bob tindale
    Participant

I always thought ‘raised front fenders and sectioned hoods’ on channeled early Fords was for styling. It would seem that lowering the radiator support and trimming the bottom of the inner fenders would be a lot easier than sectioning the hood. Thank for posting this build Rik. I am enjoying it. Barry has been around Kustoms a long time.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

RIGHT fender stripped of glue…worst is yet to come..side panels…they really FOGGED it on…oh well…

KingKustoms
    Participant

Looking good…would love to see some more shots of that nice looking chop!

Robert A. Radcliffe III
    King Kustoms

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

This is some of the nastiest shit ever … (next to crazy glue)…just no easy way to overcome it…some sort of dip that would desolve it…..??????

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

One down…one to go….I had it down to the point where thinner wiped it off with a little effort…so I think some sort of chemical dip would do it….with the heavy stuff off of course.

Got this bitch 99% stripped….

Torchie
    Participant

From Barry…

Now it hits me..why 99% of channeled Fords back in the day had raised front fenders and sectioned hoods.
    The front of the frame and rad support will need dropped six inches..I guess they wanted to avoid that.???

When I channeled my custom I just mounted that cross bar under the fame. No fame mods where needed. That cross bar ended up about 3 inches below the frame an 1941 stock Ford frame. I trimmed off the bottom of the inner fender as Bob pointed out.
    Torchie

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

When I channeled my custom I just mounted that cross bar under the fame. No fame mods where needed. That cross bar ended up about 3 inches below the frame an 1941 stock Ford frame. I trimmed off the bottom of the inner fender as Bob pointed out.
    Torchie

I passed on your info to Barry… he says
    “Thanks for that info…next on my list to do.”

kustomland
    Participant

Gosh what a head ache to get that stuff of….Well done Barry getting it off…

Hey Tin Wolf how did Palle get all that tar off…? In one photo it looks original with it removed..? Did Palle sand blast it ?
    KUSTOMLAND

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 311 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.