Custom Car Chronicle

Barry Mazza 1946 Ford Custom Project

Home Forums CCC Forum Barry Mazza 1946 Ford Custom Project

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Renaud Zed Legardez
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Barry’s pictures, Rik. Gonna be a real nice kustom.

What surprised me, it’s that Barry started welding the top chop by the rear of the roof??? May be because he slanted the windshield pillars ? anyway, his method works ! lol!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Getting the new repo gas tank installed. .thought I could U bend into trunk side wall but..6″ channel puts outlet right in middle of frame….PLAN B…coming…DUH..??

This could be my plan “B”….straight up into trunk floor…more news at 11…

48 Lincoln bumper

Well this is not REALLY what I wanted to do but….I got to move on..so this is diesel tank filler hose….i’ll add the neck tomorrow.
    After no work in garage for allmost 4weeks..got to get going…lost another friend today. ..thats #4 in one month..sucks

Re enforcement of the gas tank rear strap..don’t want the tank to drop out..now mount the fuel pump up ther somewhere. .progress at least.

Staggering around the garage…I managed to get the fuel pump mounted and steel line to firewall.
    Normally I would not use hose but…time time time…get it done.

Stumbling around once again…I managed to get in the new gas tank…electric fuel pump…sender..all lines up to carb.
    The garage feels like foreign territory. .been away too much…LOL

Not even near what I wanted but its what will work with out going mad.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

J.B.
    Participant

Thanks for the updates!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry

Trying to mate up the trans shifter to the Caddy column…ball buster..I moved shaft 3 times…PUSHING MY LUCK ..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry Mazza…

Decided to put the battery in the trunk..using a 55 Chevy tray on some legs.
    Little more forward……LOL

Ghostley cold air around the lights….could it be a sign of something……?????

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Richard Toonkel visited Barry recently… He shared a few photos of Barry’s project on his facebook.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Trying to re install bumper braces..3/8″ blocks needed due to 6″ body channel.

Trying a trial fit of the 1940 Buick bumper. ..will need a few inches trimmed ..don’t know yet???
    I do have stock bumper and this one seems heavy but..the stocker looks thin plus tail light in bumper guard will look great..I think..??…maybe…??

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Thanks so much for sharing your journey here, Barry. Love the step-wise progress images. Like the Saturday matinee serials at the movies back in the 40s. Each stops in a “cliff-hanger”, leaving you “can’t wait” for the next episode a week away. For what its worth, that vertical profile of the Buick bumper form adds interest, and if the ends were tucked in as you are thinking, it would be a cool complement to the overall rounded shapes you are creating.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Shaved off a few inches to get closer to contour. ..now the braces…tail lights will ge in guards…maybe a bit heavy??

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Well after cutting bumper down…got the attachment pods with captive nuts tacked in.
    Anybody whos done this sort of swap knows it REALLY SUCKS.

1/2 mounted…two more braces ..then adjusting. ..how deeee..skusting..

I did these quick Photoshops for Barry a couple of days ago.. He liked the sectioned overriders.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry….

Well..ok..adjustments made..not going to get involved right now sectioning the guards and filling holes…got to wire.

kustomland
    Participant

Hey Barry looks like your coming along nicely ……..
    Good to see the inspiration on your wall of the Barris Copper Kart..
    KUSTOMLAND

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Let the game begin….starting to wire the 46…got my old guy pillow to lay on…

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry….

Pulling my head up under the dash time after time is getting me down..wah wah!

Holly crap….those dash lights are bright..sure hope the dimmer works LOL

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Dam….. wire harness from dash to trunk…looks really long but…this is it!

Well I thought I was a little long….but..better not short…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 311 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.