Custom Car Chronicle

Barry Mazza 1946 Ford Custom Project

Home Forums CCC Forum Barry Mazza 1946 Ford Custom Project

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 311 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

We are reaching terminal velocity. ..looks good

Thankless job….welding on rear fenders..but..I try and think..”THIS COULD BE LAST ONE”…

Next…the rear fenders and rear pan…maybe 3M

Finished welding solid the right fender..onward

Painted the new floors with this KBS paint Sunny A. Recommended…looks really good..on quickly. .see how it cured tomorrow.

Painted the firewall…progress…

Installing the rear splash pan..hard to find item!

Pan is bolted and tacked…waiting far a SUNNY day

Whole back of the 46 is done…imagineer Sunny Ackermann volunteered his talent to massage the steel..on to the deck lid..rounded corners.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Filling holes in the deck…Bill DeCarr told me he was the best in Barris shop..guys would pay him 5cents a hole to fill on ther job…less warping if he did the deed

Long haul..but..deck lid on..rounding corners

Upon installing the deck lid..gutter rail interface causing deck not to close tight.
    Sunny solution…move the drain rail…so….

Bottom of deck lid trimmed and welded..corners rounded…looks good…time to finish it..

Sunny did his thing on the deck lid…lots of tweeking but..yaho..tomorrow the latex goes on.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Early AM roll call…Sunny sprayed the latex…looking pretty dam smooth and round.
    Now..AVANTI. ..the DOORS.ill be on the metal butchering. ..LOL!

I think ol Sam would give it a crest..just saying

Bert Gustafsson
    Participant

Interesting build, not too many new built customs that gets a channelling job. I’m sure this will be a great looking custom when finished. Thanks a lot for taking the time to share all those photos.

Whew! Thank you Rik for moving all these images over here where those of us who don’t “do” Facebook can appreciate Barry’s labours too. I’m looking forward to seeing this one through to the end as I think the Cliff Rackohn coupe was one of the best of that era. Keep plugging away Barry it’s looking good!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Today…gearing up for right door massage. .cut door frame and moved door skin in 1/4″

Added 1/8″ strip to door edge to tighten up the gap…now the front gap..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Got the door gaps looking ok…stripping 3 paint jobs off…Sam Barris tribute project.

Eric
    Participant

Looking good

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Primer should go on the door tomorrow.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Almost…last old paint coming off..oh ya!!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

From Barry…

Finished off the left door..installed one copy Barris skirt..done scale from photo..

Barry the door looks as it should after all of your attention! Those skirts look to fit real well too! ..but I especially like the gravel pan at the rear ;D !

Dave

p.s. For those reading this the gravel pan reference is because parts found their way to Barry in Florida from a donor car here in Saskatchewan.. Gotta help get those customs done – right?

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

More primer

Good grief! If I don’t hustle you will be done before I am! Looking good Barry!

Dave

Jus' creepin' along..

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Sunny Ackermann added some striping….

Sunny Ackermann “Mazzas coupe firewall and dash this was a tough call, since I’m up to my ass in this car anyway. I call it Dutch Modern.”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 311 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.