Custom Car Chronicle

barris customs and clones at custom car revival

Home Forums CCC Forum barris customs and clones at custom car revival

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mike sutton
    Participant

thanks to rik we finally got my picture posting troubles figured out. for those of you not on Facebook, i recently posted a similar thread. with the custom car revival show now being 5 years old we’ve been treated to some great original barris cars and some really well done clones. thanks to the owners for bringing these great cars out!

jack walker’s (since sold) hirohata merc clone

mike sutton
    Participant

mike sutton
    Participant

johnny zaro ’41 merc

mike sutton
    Participant

buddy alcorn merc owned by kurt mccormick

mike sutton
    Participant

larry ernst chevy (2nd version) clone owned by keith ashley

mike sutton
    Participant

kopper kart clone owned by vic collins (my camera broke so these pics are from a different show)

mike sutton
    Participant

johnny zaro ’40 merc owned by kurt mccormick

mike sutton
    Participant

rod & custom dream truck owned by kurt mccormick

mike sutton
    Participant

sam barris buick owned by kurt mccormick

mike sutton
    Participant

chuck dewitt shoebox clone owned by pat orsillo

mike sutton
    Participant

snooky janich ’41 ford owned by george mallory

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting those Mike.

It i so amazing that all these beautiful Barris Customs survived and have been restored so fantastically. And seeing them outside together is really wonderful.

And for the clones… or recreations. I love them!
    I saw pictures of the Hirohata clone done by Doug Thompson and Jack Walker long before I had access to pictures of the real Barris Hirohata Mercury. Doug Thompson became an instant hero for me.
    I’m so grateful for those builders that create these clones, and allows all those people who never had the chance to see the real cars before they were gone (or “missing”) to be able to walk around them and see them in 3D, instead of just in the little pages and books.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

mark wojcik
    Participant

Great thread Mike!

Larry Pointer
    Participant

Thanks for sharing, Mike.  And for your persistence in getting these views to us.  And to Rik for overcoming the gremlins of our digital age for Mike.  It’s really fun to be able to scroll down in one setting and realize the contributions to custom culture from the brothers Barris.

mike sutton
    Participant

yes rik, every year i can’t wait to get there and see which cars show up. every year kurt mccormick brings a different historic car to the show. kurt is a great guy, very easy to talk to and willing to show you anything you want or answer any questions. besides for barris cars there have been a couple of doug thompsons builds, some alexander brothers cars, a clarkeiser build, a couple of former isca champions and many former magazine feature cars. although most of the focus is on the saturday show, i actually prefer the 2 days at the hotel since it’s more relaxed and spred out you get much more time to meet and talk to the owners and it’s easier to take pictures there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.