Art Deco Styled 1940 Mercury at Rob Ida Concepts.

Home Forums CCC Forum Art Deco Styled 1940 Mercury at Rob Ida Concepts.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Trying to work out taillights? Is there a thin chrome on on the side shot above?? But not on the rear shot.

Enjoy the beauty of Customizing

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Hmmm.. it wasn’t until Quentin mentioned the taillights and I found the photo showing the taillights, that I also noticed the new door lines and how the bottom of the doors are now halfway thru the new rocker panels. Done as molded in running boards.. very nice detail.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

thinkfink
    Participant

Can’t wait to see this one, when it’s finished.
    It hast the potential to top my two favorite kustoms of the last 10 years (Cole Fosters 36 Three Window built and James Hetfield’s ’37 zephyr)

ASSHOLES - NOT A CLUB BUT A LIFESTYLE!

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Quentin Hall
    Participant

Wow. Gotta confess that I do like the look of that. I like the lower ss dress trim too. That is a beautiful color. Guess we are all hanging out waiting for the make or break front clip.
    A different breed to the “traditional customs” we are used to. Like a ballerina at a rock concert. But I guess that is where the monied end of town is heading. Probably the same direction the Foose Sixty Special is headed too. High end contemporary retro coachbuilt.

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rob Ida with the Mercury

James D
    Participant

Wow!
    This is an incredible build, except imho for the front fender treatment Wonder if the front skirts are removeable…?

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Jamie Barter
    Participant

I absolutely love the bellypan undercarriage paneling, has a 1930s European race car feel. The coach building on this is phenomenal, I see this less as a custom car more a coachbuilt design excercise. Like Edsel commissioned Figoni & Falaschi or Saoutchik to do a one off custom as a personal ride in the French Riviera. I do feel the engine compartment is a little overdone, keep the bonnet closed. Out of sight, out of mind.

Yaril
    Participant

craftsman ship to live up to! amazing eye for detail and overall design, bravo!

From Miami, Fl
    http://www.yarilscustoms.com/

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

Rik Hoving
    Keymaster

More details

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.